Often, parents turn to children's doctors with a question why the child has dark circles under his eyes that look like bruises. If there was no injury and blow, the child did not bang his head, then impressionable mothers immediately regard the appearance of such bruises as an unambiguous sign of some very serious illness. In fact, bruises under the eyes do not always speak of any pathologies. However, they can actually “signal” about violations, says the famous children's doctor Yevgeny Komarovsky.
10 possible causes of bruising under the eyes
Bruises under the eyes of children pediatrician, Ph.D. E.O. Komarovsky considers the consequence of a number of complex diseases. Ignoring this symptomatic symptom is not recommended. Attentive parents who were able to notice the dark circles under the baby’s eyes in a timely manner can prevent serious health problems. We note the main causes of bruising under the eyes of children:
1 Genetic component. Sensitive and thin skin in parents in some cases is transmitted to children. Plus, the proximity of blood vessels and a predisposition to bruising will be one hundred percent. There is no health hazard, but regular vitamin therapy is indicated. This factor applies to any age, parents should not worry. It is important that the baby eat well and recommended that the correct regimen of the day.
2 Fatigue. This factor provokes the appearance of bruises in children who attend kindergarten and school. Overwork associated with learning difficulties is increasingly becoming a cause of health problems. Inadequate time spent in the fresh air and a sedentary lifestyle are directly related to the formation of dark circles under the eyes.
3 Malnutrition. Review the diet. Frequent junk food, fast food, can cause bruising under the eyes. Nutrition problems cause dark circles in the eye area in both infants and older children.
Nutrition should be healthy, rich in vitamins and other nutrients, according to the norms of each age group. Pediatricians are advised to take vitamin complexes in the autumn-winter season.
4 Violation of the daily regimen. It provokes bruises under the eyes in children 3 years of age and older, with an active and active lifestyle, with non-observance of sleep and rest. A baby who sleeps little, and there are parents who do not consider daytime sleep to be important, will overwork.
Keep track of both the duration of sleep and its quality. If the child does not sleep all day, read the reasons. The recommendations relate to regime moments for children of any age categories.
5 Iron-deficiency anemia. Most often provokes bruises under the eyes of a one-year-old child and younger. Anemia at this age is especially dangerous. It is important to periodically take blood tests to determine the level of hemoglobin. Violations of normal indicators require timely and urgent measures.
6 Helminthiasis. The causes of bruising under the eyes of a child in many cases are due to the presence of parasites in the body. A toxic effect on a growing organism is guaranteed. What are the first symptoms of worms in children are described here, and in this article the main attention is paid to enterobiosis - damage to the body with pinworms.
7 Injuries. Bruises are the result of bumps or fractures of the nasal septum at any age. Subcutaneous hemorrhage can be either on one side or on two.
A visit to a traumatologist will help to find out the degree of danger of injury and the necessary treatment, if necessary. Symptoms of concussion and health effects are explored in this publication.
8 Endocrine disorders. Malfunctions in the thyroid gland can begin from the first days of life. To exclude pathology when bruises are found under the eyes of infants, an examination is necessary. Cyanosis under the eyes of a child of 2 years and older may also appear for this reason.
9 Vegetative-vascular pathology. In accordance with the recommendations of pediatricians, parents need to constantly monitor the behavior of children, the condition of the skin, heart rate, etc. The slightest violations require medical advice.
10 Infectious diseases, liver and kidney problems. The formation of cyanosis under the eyes signals a deterioration in the liver and kidneys. Any viral infections that weaken the immune system must be treated in the first days after the first symptoms. Drug treatment and thorough diagnosis are indicated for both infants and older children.
What will the color of the circles under the eyes tell?
The skin under the eyes in children can acquire various shading options. In addition, each of the types of color circles indicates the occurrence of certain health problems:
- blue - the location of blood vessels too close to the skin, which is also very thin,
- blue - the result of physical and mental overwork,
- dark violet - the body is deficient in iron, its dehydration is noted,
- red - the development of allergic reactions,
- brown - disturbances in the liver,
- gray-yellow - indicate an increased level of bilirubin in the blood.
You should know that these are only possible causes of staining the skin under the eyes in a certain color. Only a specialist can determine exactly what caused such changes in appearance.
If the child’s eyes are set deeply, then the circles under the eyes are just a normal appearance. As a rule, one of the parents has exactly the same. Often bruises accompany fair-skinned children, from birth having very thin skin, blond hair, blue eyes. Their small vessels come so close to the thin translucent skin under the eyes that it really creates the illusion of bruising.
Both of these cases should not cause any concern in parents. By the way, such “cosmetic” bruises can, by the way, disappear altogether, since the facial bones of the skull are actively growing and changing facial features.
Types of bruising under the eyes of children
According to statistics, 30% of children at one age or another have bruises in the eye area. The prevalence of pathology contributes to a large number of provoking factors. They are not always hazardous to health, but require urgent action.
For example, red bruises under the eyes of a child result from an allergy. So the reaction to viral lesions or complex infections can be reflected.
- A yellowish shade of cyanosis in the eye area indicates abnormalities in the liver or kidneys.
- When bruises develop with a purple color, an urgent blood test should be taken to determine the level of hemoglobin. Perhaps there is a development of anemia.
- Dark, almost black, circles under the eyes develop with overwork. It is required to adjust the mode of activity and rest.
- In the event that the child received a nose bridge injury, then the dark bruises as they recover will become brighter.
Factors causing bruising under the eyes
The reasons why the child has bruises under the eyes are many. The most harmless of them are lack of sleep, overwork, poor-quality nutrition, causing a deficiency of some useful substances, and nervous feelings. However, there are other, more serious causes of the appearance of blue around the eyes in babies.
Bruises under the eyes in children mainly appear during the development of pathological processes in the baby’s body, such as:
- infections caused by infections
- endocrine disorders.
The genetic factor also plays a significant role in the appearance of bruises under the eyes of a child. If dark circles in this area of the face are associated with a hereditary factor, they do not indicate the occurrence of pathological processes in the baby's body. In this case, they are a feature of the appearance inherited by the baby from the parents. The blue under the eyes in the absence of disease is due to the proximity of the blood vessels, the thinness of the skin and its pallor.
If circles under the eyes formed simultaneously with a sharp increase in body weight, consultation with an endocrinologist is required. Endocrine disorders entail serious consequences - growth retardation and sexual development.
Dehydration destroys normal blood formation and metabolism. With a lack of fluid in the body, a change in the structure of blood vessels and skin is noted, adipose tissue is destroyed. Due to dehydration, the formation of dark circles under the eyes of a blue hue is inevitable.
Infectious diseases - measles, rubella, scarlet fever, can also cause such a change in the appearance of the child.
Why do dark circles appear under the eyes? Most often they are observed in children with deep-set eyes, fair skin and hair. Also, this phenomenon is not uncommon among owners of very thin skin.
Blood vessels close to the surface of the thin epidermis and their concentration contribute to the darkening of the lower eyelid and its slight swelling. Usually, this appearance is inherited and is noted by the parents or the next of kin of the baby.
The most harmless reasons for the appearance of circles under the eyes, according to Komarovsky, are banal overwork and lack of sleep. If parents raise a child without a specific regimen, do not insist on a mandatory daytime sleep, and also do not regulate the time that the baby spends in front of a TV or computer monitor, then the appearance of dark circles is an understandable consequence of severe fatigue.
Such bruises are also not required by doctors.. It is enough to establish the regime of the day, to make sure that the child sleeps at a quiet hour, go to bed on time in the evening and have a good rest at night. Cartoons and computer games - limit.
Pale and dry skin in combination with blueness under the eyes in some cases indicates iron deficiency anemia. At the same time, the pediatrician is obliged to refer the patient for a general blood test.
Determining hemoglobin levels will help establish a definitive diagnosis. If there are no abnormalities in the blood and urine tests, the reason why the child has bruises under the eyes will help to analyze the feces for an ovoid membrane and a smear for enterobiosis.
Harmless Causes, or Bruises in Healthy Children
Factors contributing to their development can be divided into several groups:
- harmless (genetic predisposition, heredity, fatigue),
- diseases with shadows under the eyes (anemia, impaired kidney, liver, etc.),
- emergency conditions.
Overwork, lack of sleep and stress
Studying at school, students experience heavy loads, as a result of which they are overworked, stressed and lack of sleep. The need to complete lessons often does not allow the child to spend time outdoors and relax with friends. Parents can notice not only the formation of dark circles, but also the pallor of their skin.
Bad sleep is perhaps the most common reason for the formation of dark traces under the eyes of a child in the absence of pathological changes in the body.
Pediatricians call such causes of poor sleep in babies:
- allergic reactions on the skin after the introduction of new products into the baby’s diet, accompanied by itching,
- overexcitation shortly before bedtime,
- overeating before bedtime.
A full sleep, adherence to the diet and the correct daily routine are important points in the development of a young child. For the health of children at any age, it is important that they fall asleep every day at the same time - preferably no later than 21:00, eat quality products and spend more time outdoors.
A similar effect on the body is exerted by various negative household factors, namely:
- sleep and wake disturbance: increased nervous load, overexcitation in the evening, skipping daytime sleep in children under 4 years old are fraught with frequent waking up in the middle of the night and lack of sleep,
- long stay in a stuffy room: this leads to insufficient oxygen supply,
- errors in the diet: often eating fast food, carbonated drinks and sweets, the lack of a diet and insufficient water consumption not only violate the metabolism, but also reduce immunity,
- chronic overwork: increased stress and lack of proper rest affect the physical condition of the child and his nervous system.
Dark circles under the eyes can occur as a result of somatic or infectious pathologies, due to which there is a change in the qualitative composition of the blood and the blood supply to the tissues decreases.
Worms and other parasites
Quite often, bruises under the eyes appear in children in the intestines of which parasites have settled. This happens because helminths secrete products of their vital activity that are toxic to the baby. At the same time, the level of hemoglobin in the blood decreases in the child.
You need to carefully monitor the child. If other symptoms join the dark circles (decreased or increased appetite, weight loss, headaches, itching in the perineum), the child must be shown to an infectious disease doctor, and blood and feces should be tested. After treatment aimed at getting rid of parasites, circles under the eyes will disappear without a trace.
Ultrasound of the internal organs of the child
In clinical cases, doctors recommend a study of the internal organs. This is an effective way to find out the possible causes of pathology. In the clinical picture of the development of pathologies with the liver or kidneys, in addition to laboratory studies, it is important to carry out an ultrasound of the internal organs.
The attending physician at the reception with parents must determine how rationally the daily regimen is. It is also important what kind of diet in the family. How often the baby is in the fresh air and what place does the TV and computer take in life.
The kid inherits from parents not only sexual characteristics and appearance, but also the individual structural features of the skin. So, if mom or dad has closely spaced vessels to the skin surface, then, most likely, the baby will inherit this feature.
Conducting special therapeutic manipulations in such cases is not required, since the cause of their occurrence is genetics, and you can not argue with it. Such children need to observe the sleep and wakeful regimen, proper nutrition, exercise, as well as the appointment of general strengthening drugs (vitamins, etc.).
Anemia and discoloration of the skin under the eyes
With a decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood serum, the appearance of dark circles under the eyes becomes possible. To the lack of hemoglobin, the skin reacts in the first place - pale skin is noted, even its peeling becomes possible.
Given this peculiarity of the skin to respond to hemoglobin deficiency, when visiting a pediatrician with complaints of bruises under the eyes, he gives a referral for a blood test for hemoglobin.
Bruises under the eyes as a symptom of certain diseases
The list of pathologies, one of the signs of which is the blue in the area under the lower eyelid, is extensive. These include diseases of the oral cavity, cardiovascular system, thyroid gland, kidneys, liver, as well as allergies, helminthiasis and anemia.
In diseases of the excretory system, in addition to purple circles, swelling of the face, especially in the morning, and the formation of bags under the eyes are noted. Darkening of a saturated blue shade indicates oxygen starvation of the body due to cardiovascular diseases, red - appear due to allergies, and brown - indicate disturbances in the liver or thyroid gland.
When staining the area under the eyelids in a yellow tint, abnormalities in the process of hematopoiesis are suspected, and dark gray circles usually form after a long cold and due to inflammation and proliferation of the tonsils.
Are bruises under the eyes always an alarming symptom?
Dark circles under the eyes of babies do not always indicate impaired functioning of organs and other ailments. In the case when the skin on the eyelids is very thin, the severity of a blue or purple hue on them is often observed from birth. Also, blue circles in a child, which are not a sign of the disease, are formed due to deep-set eyes or a close arrangement of blood vessels close to the epidermis.
Circles under the eyes of a child
Important: the problem is inherited. If she passed the child genetically, she will be noticeable from an early age.
Circles under the eyes of a child
With an unbalanced diet, irregular meals, as well as if there are products of low and dubious quality in the child’s diet, the body responds to this gastronomic chaos with general systemic metabolic disorders. In this case, circles under the eyes also appear. They may be evidence of a lack of certain vitamins, most often group B, vitamin E, A and D, as well as calcium. Blood tests and a pediatrician consultation will help identify these disorders.
If the baby, regardless of age and other conditions, suddenly develop chest pains, he turns pale and complains of weakness, he has bruises under his eyes - you need to urgently seek medical help.
This symptomatic picture suggests serious problems with the cardiovascular system. Pay attention to the information in the article about an open oval window in the heart of a child.
Medications for stopping anemia at a young age are prescribed in drops. Such drugs as Hemofer, Maltofer, Actiferrin are added to tea or juices. Dosage depends on the nature of the disease and the results of blood tests.
In practice, doctors prescribe from 4 to 10 mg of the drug. Medications are allowed for premature babies from the first days of life. Price range from 40 rubles and above.
For the age group of 2 years and older, preparations for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia are available in the form of syrups. We distinguish domestic drugs - Ferronal, Ferrum Lek. Dosage should be appropriate for the age and weight of the baby. The daily dose should not exceed 10 mg. The drugs have practically no contraindications and side effects, but the recommendation of the attending physician is strictly obligatory in admission.
Impaired renal function
With the development of kidney diseases in children, fluid in the body is retained. The course of such pathological processes is accompanied by the appearance of puffiness under the eyes and dark circles. In addition to these signs, frequent urination is also characteristic of kidney disease, the color of urine also changes, its clouding is noted, and body temperature rises.
Darkening of the eyelids in a child is a symptom of a number of diseases of different body systems, the appearance of which does not take long to wait. That's why if this symptom is detected, it is recommended to immediately pay attention to the well-being of the child. The ailments, the symptom of which are bruises under the eyes in children, include the following.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders. The group includes diseases of the pancreas, intestines, etc. With these ailments, bruises have a reddish or yellowish tint. Also, the scarlet color of the lower eyelids indicates diseases of the oral cavity.
Bruises under the eyes of a child
Classification of respiratory diseases
Attention: bruises under the eyes in children appear due to an allergic reaction. They have a red tint, and the child often sneezes, suffers from nasal congestion and tearing of the eyes.
Why allergies affect eyes
If a child has recently suffered a disease, especially a viral one, the appearance of circles under the eyes should not surprise parents at all, Komarovsky believes. Imperfect childhood immunity "tired", hemoglobin decreased. It is enough to give the child a rest after an illness, not to take him immediately to a kindergarten or school, often walk in the fresh air and eat more fruits and vegetables so that such circles under the eyes disappear for a maximum of one week.
On this relatively "easy" reasons end. More serious begin.
4 rules "DO NOT" in treatment
- It is strictly forbidden to engage in self-medication.
- If the child is pale and bruises appear under the eyes, you can not hesitate to take blood tests and postpone the visit to the pediatrician.
- Parents should remember that the selection of medicines for young children is the responsibility of the doctor. The patient's condition should be strictly monitored during treatment, and if complications occur, immediately stop taking the drug and prescribe another one. You can not independently increase the dosage of drugs.
- You can not rely only on the methods of traditional medicine, which are useless with medical pathologies.
In a child, bruises under the eyes can appear for this reason.
Today, you rarely meet parents who can confidently say that their baby eats properly, because they themselves eat junk food. The shelves of shops and supermarkets are packed with beautiful packaging or delicious products, stuffed with various chemicals, flavor enhancers and dyes. And sometimes it’s easier for parents to give something to eat crumbs, if only he did not remain hungry.
In most cases, the child’s lower eyelids turn blue not because of serious damage to certain organs, but because of the influence of negative factors that are easy to eliminate.
- Contaminated air. A smoky and smoky room is a place where the child should not be. Bruises under the eyes of children in this case are a signal that toxins in the air have a detrimental effect on the child's body.
- Lack of sleep. With poor quality of sleep or its lack, the child constantly looks apathetic and lethargic, even if not physically and mentally overloaded.
- Malnutrition. This is not only about poisoning with poor quality food, but also about an unbalanced diet. Dark lower eyelids indicate a lack of calcium and vitamins B and E.
Possible Causes of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Dark circles under the eyes
Attention: the causes of the disease can also include abuse of watching TV or using various gadgets.
The reason for the development of this disease is a violation of the functions of the autonomic nervous system. In addition to the blue under the eyes, with vegetovascular dystonia, signs such as:
- regular headaches
- high fatigue
- general weakness
- pale skin.
This pathological process begins to manifest itself especially intensely during heavy loads - both mental and physical. More often, the disease develops in adolescence, when a teenager experiences a change in hormonal levels.
About the "painful" reasons
Sometimes circles under the eyes indicate pathological processes associated with circulatory disorders, malfunctions in the lymphatic system. The first thing that advises Komarovsky to examine is the kidneys. Usually, an ultrasound of the kidney is quite enough to show the true state of the excretory system together with blood and urine tests. Usually, in children with kidney diseases, circles under the eyes are combined with the formation of bags, general swelling of the face (especially in the morning, after a night's sleep)
Blue, saturated shade of bruises can indicate heart problems. Their appearance is associated with oxygen starvation of the whole organism, which develops against the background of cardiovascular ailments.
Red bruises and circles of a reddish hue may be external manifestations of an allergy. An inadequate reaction can be caused by absolutely any type of allergy - food, seasonal, drug, allergies to animal hair, house dust.
Dark circles under the eyes often accompany inflammation and proliferation of the palatine tonsil in children, which is popularly called simply “adenoids”. In this case, nasal breathing is disturbed, sometimes it is completely absent. If the child has been in this state for a long enough time, not only dark circles under the eyes appear on his face, but also special mimic changes, which in medicine are called “adenoid mask” (mouth is half open, chin is lowered).
Brown circles - bruises can be a sign of hepatitis, diseases of the liver, thyroid gland. Saturated yellows are sometimes a sign of problems with blood formation processes.
And it is very rare (but this also happens) circles under the eyes appear with diseases in the oral cavity - for example, with caries. In this case, you need to trust a pediatric dentist. After a successful treatment, the circles will disappear the next day.
To prevent bruising under the eyes in children, doctors recommend a healthy diet. Special it is important to consume vitamins in the autumn-winter period.
It is not difficult to prevent a situation when a child has bruises under his eyes. You need to carefully monitor the diet and rest.
Doctors recommend timely scheduled preventive examinations. Indeed, some children even at birth have indications for a more thorough diagnosis of development.
For the child’s body, timely replenishment with vitamins and minerals is important. Walking in the fresh air, physical activity are the main measures to prevent anemia. How to organize the first walks with a newborn in winter is the topic of this publication.
Fatigue and lack of sleep
Take a close look at what your child does during the day. Maybe he was tired of tasks at school or kindergarten. Perhaps he spends a lot of time in circles and sections that exhaust him.
Activity, mental and physical - this is undoubtedly great, but without fanaticism! Observe the daily routine. The baby should sleep 1–2 times during the day, depending on age.
Walk at least an hour a day, in the summer more often. If the weather is bad, then you can dress the child warmer and go to the balcony or loggia.
Sleep is the best medicine. Therefore, pay special attention to this! The child should not go to bed after midnight and get up at noon!
Treatment of bruising under the eyes in children implies many different methods that are selected by the doctor depending on the cause of the phenomenon.
How to get rid of bruises under the eyes
Table. Methods of getting rid of the disease and their description.
|Immune stimulants and vitamin therapy||Means in the form of vitamin-mineral complexes have a positive effect on the body as a whole (strengthen the immune system, normalize the functioning of organs, prevent the onset of diseases and accelerate the treatment of existing ailments).|
|Sedatives||Sedative medicines harmonize the psyche of the child, promoting good sleep and helping fight stress. The doctor selects a sedative, guided by the age of the child and the general state of his health.|
|Compresses||Compresses from chamomile help relieve puffiness and improve the condition of the eyelids. They are made from boiled dry plants. Cotton pads fall into a strong broth (3 large spoons of pharmacy chamomile in a glass of water), cool slightly and overlap on the eyelids. The exposure time is 10 minutes.|
|Face massage||The masseur acts on the epidermis, improving the blood circulation of the patient. Most often, this procedure is prescribed after injuries. Only a specialist needs to entrust the process.|
|Physiotherapy||If the bruises under the child’s eyes appeared due to the disease, the doctor may prescribe magnet therapy, inhalation, electrophoresis and other similar procedures.|
|Drug therapy||Antihistamines, anthelmintic drugs, antibiotics, etc. are recommended by a specialist in order to eliminate the underlying disease, and not just a symptom in the form of bruises under the eyes.|
|Surgery||Operations are prescribed in cases where drug therapy in combination with physiotherapy does not lead to a speedy recovery. Surgical intervention is relevant in cases of rapid development of diseases of various organs.|
Attention: experts prescribe any of the methods only after a thorough diagnosis. It involves an initial examination, taking into account the patient's complaints and laboratory tests. If necessary, ultrasound, x-ray and other manipulations are required.
Overwork and exhaustion
It happens that an excellent student who is actively involved in sports once wakes up with circles around his eyes. They can be caused by banal overwork during preparation for the control or competitive competitions. Make sure that your future medalist has enough time for a good night's sleep, outdoor games and healthy food.
Bruises under the eyes as a result of allergic reactions
If the child has formed dark circles in the eye area, do not exclude allergic reactions of the child's body. As a rule, as a result of the presence of a certain allergen in the body, red traces form under the eyes.
To make sure that bruises have arisen as a result of an allergic reaction, you should consult an allergist and undergo a medical examination. A specialist prescribes a general blood test to determine the level of eosinophils in its serum - substances produced in the body during allergic reactions. At their high level, an analysis can be assigned to determine the allergen.
Lyudmila, 34 years old, Tula
As a result of the examination, a two-year-old son revealed a complex pathology of the kidneys. The cyanosis under the eyes, the pale skin tone began to bother me when the child was 1.8 years old.
There were several examinations and additional examinations in different clinics, as a result of which it was possible to make a diagnosis. The treatment we have is long and difficult. But we hope that everything will be fine.
Angela, 27 years old, Krasnoyarsk
Too thin skin of my baby was inherited from dad. From here, as the doctors told us, there were bruises under the eyes and protruding capillaries.
It is not necessary to treat anything, since this does not apply to medical pathologies. To prevent anomalies, we nevertheless passed tests, and as it turned out, we are really doing well.
Circles in infants
In the first year of life, the little peanuts may have dark circles under the eyes due to fatigue, disturbed sleep and wakefulness, and also due to a deficiency of iron and essential vitamins (if they are not enough in breast milk for some reason). Children up to 12 months with such a problem must definitely be shown to a pediatrician to get comprehensive answers to all questions.
Bruising in a child under the eyes is a common manifestation of helminthiasis. Bruises are the result of poisoning a child’s body with helminths waste products. The problem of infection with these parasites is relevant for children of preschool and early school age.
In addition to the blue under the eyes, the development of helminthiasis is evidenced by such signs:
- pain in the navel,
- creaking teeth during sleep,
- losing weight.
A child with helminthic infestations can be very moody, irritable, tearful, lethargic.
About "emergency" conditions
An ambulance with dark circles under the eyes should be called without further thought in two cases: if a child has sharply sharpened facial features (sunken eyes) and severe bruises appear, at the same time there are breathing problems, sharp weakness. This may indicate acute heart problems that require prompt hospitalization and the provision of qualified medical care.
The second case is the appearance of deep bruising under the eyes against the background of vomiting or prolonged diarrhea. In this case, circles speak of acute dehydration that has begun. Dehydration is deadly for children, especially small ones.
To prevent the lower eyelids of the child from acquiring a blue tint, parents need to consider a number of medical advice.
- Fresh air is good for the respiratory system and the body as a whole.. It is necessary to take care of the cleanliness and humidity of the air in the house, as well as daily let the child go for walks if the weather conditions are favorable.
- The daily routine is extremely important for the child. Preschoolers are advised to sleep at least 10 hours, and schoolchildren - at least 8. The sooner the child goes to bed, the better. Afternoon sleep - prevention of fatigue and deterioration of the body's protective functions.
How much should a child sleep?
Child and computer
Important: the child needs to be explained that even minor injuries can be extremely dangerous to health. The head should be especially carefully protected from bruises and cuts.
Stains in the area of the eyes are left by an illness, flights, psychological violence. The sensitive body of the child can hardly cope with a lifestyle that even adults can safely tolerate only taking valerian. If the baby was not sick and was not on a long journey, make sure that no one in his environment puts pressure on him, there are no conflicts at school or company.
Violation of the daily regimen
For some parents, feeding or sleeping on demand is not a problem. There really is no danger in this mode, only if you still have time to monitor the number of hours in which the child sleeps and the quality of the food he eats. Sleepless nights, snacks with junk food or sweets negatively affect the body. Breasts sleep 19-20 hours a day, and preschoolers need a "quiet hour" in the afternoon. Without rest, children can feel normal and behave actively, but negative changes begin from the inside. The first signal will be the irritability of the son or daughter and the notorious dark circles.
Soft tissue injuries
When running around on the street, skirmishes with friends or through negligence, guys often stuff themselves Fingals. The capillaries located near the skin wall are damaged and local hemorrhage occurs. But do not think that the baby cannot be injured at home. Inquisitive craftsmen climb onto furniture, open cabinets, remove toys from the bottom of the basket and in the process receive direct facial injuries, often in the eye area. These lesions are characterized by concomitant swelling, sometimes excessive lacrimation.
When fracture or severe bruising of the nose distinctly blue traces also appear under the eyes. Even if the boy got into a fight and did not admit, bruises would give him away. Lightly touch the male’s nose, if this is the problem, immediately lead to a traumatologist.
If happened a fall or a strong blow to the abdomenThere is a risk of internal bleeding. The pallor of the face and the blue around the eyes are not key, but rather complementary symptoms. Examine your child. Have you noticed a hematoma? Perhaps the incident occurred last evening, and the baby was afraid to talk about what happened.
Urinary system diseases
When the kidneys are inflamed, do not cope with the work, develop incorrectly, edema and brown-yellow circles appear on the face of the child. Also, the disease is accompanied by a number of other symptoms:
- frequent trips to the toilet,
- urine is darker than usual
|The coincidence of two or more signs indicates that it is time for you to visit a doctor.|
The problem arises as a result of the lack of the necessary supply of iron in the body, which leads to a drop in the level of hemoglobin in the blood. Anemia negatively affects the immune system, the cardiovascular system and negatively affects the psycho-emotional state of the child. The conditions for the disease may be as follows:
- food allergies
- intestinal poisoning
- frequent bleeding.
Why iron is necessary for a child in this video
Sometimes blue under the eyes of a child, weight loss, sharply reduced appetite and lethargy - these are reasons to see an oncologist. There are two conditions for such conclusions: a genetic predisposition and doctor's recommendations. In the absence of at least one of these components, do not rush to panic, because the under-eyes are only a secondary symptom rarely seen in the early stages of cancer.
How to treat?
It is impossible to remove the circles under the eyes of a child with cosmetics. Firstly, a baby may experience an allergic reaction to cosmetic preparations or their components. And secondly, as we have already figured out, this is more a symptom than a disease. Therefore, it is necessary to eradicate the problem from within. We will not engage in self-medication, a medical examination will help to understand the problems and solutions.
But if the appearance of bruises does not cause concern and other symptoms of the above diseases are not observed, it is worth trying to cope with the problem at home. No medicine, folk methods or procedures. To fix darkening around the eyes, try some effective methods:
- give your child more water. Not liquids in general, namely pure room temperature water. It is she who perfectly quenches thirst and is quickly absorbed by the body. Home-made compotes, weak teas,
- walk with him on the street. Fresh air is the key to the norm of oxygen in the blood, which reduces the risk of deficiency of iron and other substances of the system. At least 2 hours a day, be outdoors and ventilate the room even in winter,
- love active games. Physical activity is necessary for a developing organism. Hypodynamia and apathy are sometimes not a manifestation of the disease, but its premises. This way you can also distract your child from computer games and television shows,
- control nutrition. Do not let school lunches or snacks in the evenings drift. As gently as possible, control how the child replenishes the supply of energy during the day. For a full life, he needs a supply of vitamins and minerals, which he can get only with food,
- do not overload. A child will be successful and happy not when he wins all the Olympiads, but when he is healthy and beautiful.
If you notice that after the introduction of such measures, puffiness subsided, and the circles under the eyes began to go away, continue to adhere to these simple rules and the problem will completely go away in less than a week.
How to make invisible bruises under the eyes of a child?
Herbal lotions help get rid of dark circles quickly. Boil the collection, let cool and fold in a small amount on clean gauze. Put such a compress on the area under the eyes for 5-10 minutes, constantly monitoring the process and asking how the child feels: doesn’t even burn him, whether there are any unpleasant sensations. Effective in this case:
Helps relieve swelling by applying ice to the problem area. We advise you to combine the previous method and make ice from the broth. This will increase efficiency and improve the sensation of touching cold to the skin, making it softer.
Infectious diseases or problems with the liver, kidneys
Any, even the most minor cold reduces immunity. Heat, weakness, and headache can cause darkening of the skin under the eyes.
Symptoms will disappear immediately after the disease subsides. Particular attention should be paid if the bruises become yellow. This may indicate that there is a malfunction in the liver or kidneys! It is necessary to immediately make the necessary examination and take tests.
What the hue of the bruise says
Circles may be optional cyanotic. For example, yellow can mean liver or kidney damage. Violet - means that the body lacks hemoglobin. Black - that the baby is very tired and needs a good rest.
What to do if you suspect something was wrong. The first thing is to turn to a good pediatrician. He will give you a list of tests and diagnostics. The sooner you start to fight, the higher the chance of a positive outcome.
In order for the child to have a healthy appearance, you should first of all make sure that he leads healthy lifestyle. These are daily walks, sports, communication and of course moderate loads. A student should not attend more than two classes, extracurricular activities, or tutoring meetings per week.
Sleep - guarantee of a reserve of forces for new achievements. During rest, brain cells are restored, the body relaxes. Without a quiet sleep in a ventilated room with a temperature pleasant for the baby, recovery does not occur, the child wakes up tired in the morning.
Can not be neglected healthy eating. Enter in the weekly menu buckwheat porridge, chicken yolk, cabbage, liver. Dishes from them are not only tasty, but also able to maintain iron levels.
Doctors also call the stumbling block a modern child’s craving for a computer. Limit the time spent on virtual games. Replace family watching TV with a joint movie trip.
|Dose the child’s rest with gadgets in his hand, otherwise redness of the eyes and weak eyesight will be added to the bruises.|
Problematic bruises on the face can appear in children for completely different reasons. It is in your power to eliminate them all. With some you will cope on your own, with others - not without the help of doctors. But, as a rule, circles disappear within 2-5 days after taking precautions. Be attentive to your baby, his needs and needs, then no bruises will spoil his happy face.
The video tells about the causes of circles under the eyes in children and adults
Try to keep the child watching TV as little as possible and sitting on the tablet. This affects vision, posture and the psyche.
Radiation is harmful not only for children, but also for adults! Set an example yourself. Instead of watching the cartoon again, spend time at the board game.
Impaired renal function
Dysfunction in the urinary system and kidney disease (for example, chronic renal failure) also contribute to the development of periorbital shadows. In most cases, their occurrence occurs in the morning. Along with this, the skin of the face becomes more edematous or “puffy”. In case of untimely detection of pathology or the appearance of complications, the color of urine may change, blood pressure may increase and dysuria may occur.
Regular doctor examinations
They will allow you to be sure that nothing threatens the baby and he is healthy!
On this, dear readers, the article came to an end. We learned about how to protect kids from dark circles. Be healthy!
In order not to miss new articles, subscribe to the newsletter and get step-by-step instructions and professional advice!
Join us in Vkontakte. There you will find ideas for creativity, fashion collections, get acquainted with the works of masters and much more.
See you soon!
Ilona was with you
If this article was useful for you, rate it - light a heart)))
Pathology of the cardiovascular system can also cause these changes. They arise because the disrupted work of the endocardium and myocardium promotes blood retention in the blood vessels, and since the skin is thin in this area of the face, they look like shadows. Often they appear in the evening and are absent in the morning.
Bruises under the eyes of a child - a feature that requires attention
Even if the parents are confident that the cause of the disease is physiological and hereditary, it is worth paying more attention to the life and health of the child.
Prevention in the form of correction of the daily regimen, diet and other processes will not be superfluous and will prevent many health problems.
If there is doubt or suspicion of illness, parents are advised to show the child to a doctor.
Sometimes bruises under the eyes indicate serious problems
Parasites in crumbs can provoke the appearance of periorbital shadows. This is due to the fact that they contribute to the poor absorption of vitamins and nutrients in the body of the child, and in addition to this, helminths secrete toxins (their metabolic products). Additional symptoms in this case will be the presence of pain in the umbilical region, bloating, increased or decreased appetite, and weakness.
Often the cause of this pathology in children is adenoids (proliferation of lymphoid tissue in the nasopharynx). As a result of these changes, the nasal passages are blocked and it is difficult for the baby to breathe. This factor contributes to hypoxia of the brain, thinning of the skin around the eyes and the appearance of shadows in the periorbital region.
Head and face injuries
When injured during the fall of the baby, parents do not always immediately find out about the problems, especially in the absence of blood loss and wounds on the head. If the baby has bruises under the eyes, bruising, swelling on the face, it is necessary to visit a specialist's office to exclude nose fractures and concussion.
Specialists call other pathological processes for which the blue under the eyes is characteristic. These changes in appearance can occur with cholecystitis, colitis, bronchitis, hepatitis, thyroid diseases.
Chronic tonsillitis, dental diseases, the formation and proliferation of adenoids are possible causes of blue under the eyes in children.
Methods to eliminate dark circles
In order to eliminate these unpleasant changes in the appearance of the child, which are not indicators of excellent health, specialists can give such recommendations:
- Eliminate mental and physical overwork. Despite the heavy workload of schoolchildren, nevertheless, children should be more in the fresh air, spend time with peers, take part in outdoor games.
- Maintain a proper sleep pattern. It is advisable to put the children to bed at night at the same time every day. Moreover, children of preschool and primary school age should rest in the daytime.
- When the cause of blueness under the eyes becomes dehydration, it is better to give the baby ordinary plain water, to restore the water balance, sweet carbonated drinks and juices are not suitable.
- To treat helminthiasis. With helminthiasis, bowel cleansing from parasites is mandatory. For this, anthelmintic therapy and a change in diet are prescribed. Effective drugs in the fight against helminths are Mintezol, Dekaris, Medamine, Albendazole. In addition, during the treatment period, children should be given the sorbents necessary to remove the decomposition products of the vital activity of these parasites from the body. For these purposes, you can use activated carbon, Enterosgel, Polysorb, Smectu. During the period of taking anthelmintic drugs, it is necessary to drink a course of probiotics to normalize the intestinal microflora.
- Provide the body with enough iron and vitamins.
In the period of active growth and development, the children's body needs a large amount of iron. With its deficiency anemia inevitably develops. To replenish the body with iron reserves, dried apricots, black currants, leafy greens, rosehip broth, buckwheat, rye bread, egg yolks, and liver should be introduced into the children's diet.
Knowing why bruises under the eyes can appear in children, parents can timely detect the development of disorders and seek help from specialists.
Diagnostics and differential diagnostics
Diagnosis is made after finding out the reasons that contribute to their appearance and examination.
Diagnosis is carried out using:
- general blood test
- studies of feces on worm eggs and scrapings for enterobiosis,
- biochemical blood test,
- ultrasound (ultrasound) of the abdominal cavity, heart, urinary system (if necessary),
- chest x-ray (if indicated),
- consultations of a nephrologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, hematologist, otorhinolaryngologist (if necessary).
|Eye shadow color||Pathology, in which most often occurs|
|Puffy blue||Kidney and urinary tract diseases. In the absence of swelling, it occurs with: fatigue, disturbance of sleep and wakefulness, hypoxia, malnutrition.|
|Purple or red brown||Diseases of the heart and blood vessels.|
|Yellow or yellow orange||Pathologies of the liver and biliary system.|
|Bluish||With a close arrangement of blood vessels in the periorbital region.|
|The black||In case of intoxication, dehydration, anemia.|
Causes of blue circles in children and adults
- aMoscow, Smolensky Boulevard, 2
- a[email protected]
- Find a doctor
- 249 Doctors
- in the catalog
Dmitry Palych Voitenko
Bruises (or, as ophthalmologists often say, blue circles) in the eye area may appear suddenly or may accompany a person for life - it depends on the reasons that caused this unpleasant phenomenon.
Bruises under the eyes spoil the mood, make the person tired even in those cases when a person is full of strength and energy.
Bruises can appear in people of different ages and sex. To eliminate this defect, you need to find out the cause of their occurrence. Proper and comprehensive treatment will help get rid of bruises, make your face beautiful, healthy, attractive, young.
Bruises under the eyes of children
Parents tend to always worry about the health of their babies, the appearance of blue circles under the eyes of a child is no exception. Such complaints are received almost daily by pediatricians.
Indeed, this phenomenon is not a very good sign for human health, as it is associated with certain problems in the health of the child. Let's try to figure out the reasons.
Bruises under the eyes of babies and adolescents can occur from the influence of several factors:
- Genetics. All children are more or less similar to their relatives, and the skin of the child is no exception, in particular, a predisposition to the appearance of blue circles. For this reason, special treatment is not required, but the child is constantly monitored. It is recommended in the winter-spring period to carry out a comprehensive vitaminization of the baby, regularly observe the daily regimen, eat right.
- Fatigue. This phenomenon is suitable for schoolchildren whose parents immediately begin to suspect the fact of fatigue. In fact, modern children are provoked to overwork by a complicated school curriculum with all additional electives and classes, and going to tutors. The volume of such congestion significantly exceeds the permissible norm and can significantly affect the functioning of blood vessels and the structure of young skin. As a result, the vessels are translucent, which appears externally as bruises. To combat this circumstance, the first means is to optimize the regime of a child’s day, replacing vigorous activity with rational rest, preferably in nature, mainly in the fresh air. In this situation, bruises disappear quickly enough.
- Malnutrition. The world of high technologies is currently adversely affecting the nutritional quality of all people, especially the developing baby organism. Everyone knows that soups and cereals are nutritious, but our children often refuse such food, replacing it with chips, Coca-Cola, hamburgers and so on. Moreover, the matter is complicated by the fact that parents are not able to control the nutrition of the child throughout the day due to the workload of both sides.
- Disturbed daily routine. Full-fledged balanced work of the whole organism directly depends on the establishment of the regimen of the day, including healthy sleep, active rest and physical activity. With constant lack of sleep, the body gradually depletes, the first sign of this is the bruising under the eyes of the child.
- Anemia. A common cause is iron deficiency anemia. If the bruises become pronounced, the doctor will prescribe the examination with a blood test to determine the level of hemoglobin. This phenomenon is very important for babies. Treatment is prescribed with iron-containing drugs.
- Helminths. A rare, however, occurring cause of blue circles under the eyes of a child is infection with worms. Dark circles appear due to intoxication of the whole organism by the vital products of parasites. This phenomenon is treated with specialized medications.
Bruises under the eyes of women and men
A common cause of bruising under the eyes is a banal vitamin C deficiency and nervous tension.
In adulthood, the cause of bruising under the eyes can be diseases of the kidneys, heart, and vascular system. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor to confirm or deny the presence / absence of diseases.
In women, bruises under the eyes appear for various reasons. One of the most popular is the use of poor-quality or improperly selected cosmetics (the skin around the eyes is too thin, so you need to choose a cream and gel with a very light structure for it), a sharp decrease in weight, increased nervousness or enthusiasm for mono-diets.
In adults, the most popular causes of bruising under the eyes are:
- too close to the vessels under the skin around the eyes - bruises are constantly visible,
- violations of skin pigmentation, when the color of the dermis is not the same as "I want",
- age-related changes - every year the body “dries”, the skin becomes less elastic, the dermis hangs around the eyes and its hue becomes bluish,
- losing weight - if weight loss is great, then the skin may not be in time, therefore it is pulled together, turns into blue “bags”, similar to that characteristic for women after the age of 30,
- bad habits (the use of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, which remove vitamins from the body, interfere with the absorption of nutrients),
- Vitamin C deficiency, which is necessary to protect the body from diseases and is crucial for maintaining skin elasticity (eat more garlic, fruits, berries, honey),
- long work for the PC (eyes get tired, the body moves a little): if you work or “rest” for the PC for more than two hours a day, you need to lead a more active lifestyle and take a break for 5-10 minutes every half hour (walk, do a warm-up, pull up on the horizontal bar)
- stress and nervous tension: every person is exposed to stress factors every day, but whether they affect health depends on the state of the body, so you need to play sports, strengthen the body and take care of it every day.
Adults who love books but disrupt reading hygiene often have blue bags or circles. They appear faster in women, because in the weaker sex, the skin around the eyes is thinner. Therefore, it is important to take a break every 20-30 minutes, be distracted from reading (at least look into the distance, but it is better to get up, walk and do gymnastics for the eyes).
In men blue circles arise when the stronger sex leads an unhealthy lifestyle, has bad habits (smokes, drinks alcohol), sleeps little. Also possible causes are allergies to medicines, foods, plants. Or latent (sluggish) diseases that have not yet been diagnosed.
At home, we can use folk remedies for getting rid of blue circles in the eye area. What does alternative medicine offer us with this ailment?
- Tea leaves. The most popular remedy for combating bruises under the eyes, and the easiest way to use it is used tea bags, which are applied to the eyes for 10-12 minutes. If tea is brewed, it is necessary to soak cotton balls or tampons in a strong tea leaves and apply them to the eyelids. In this case, you need to change such tampons with a frequency of 2-4 minutes.
- Fresh cucumber is an excellent assistant in the treatment of blue circles under the eyes.Fresh cucumber. This product is currently considered readily available all year round. Cucumber is cut across the “wheels” half a centimeter thick, applied to the closed eyelids for 10-12 minutes. This vegetable relieves puffiness and whitens the skin.
- A spoon made of silver. This item is applied to the eye for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Raw potatoes. It is cut across, applied to the eyes for 12-15 minutes. You can grate a little raw potato on a fine grater and make a mask on the whole face from the finished mass. You can add 20 percent of milk to this mass. This is a very good remedy for dealing with tired skin.
- Massage. This exercise brings the skin into tone, and the skin of the face is no exception. The procedure is as follows: with light movements, the area around the eyes is massaged, gently tapping with your fingertips. These movements are carried out from the outside of the eye to the inside. Do not pull the skin! Massage in duration should usually be no more than 3-5 minutes. Exercises for the eyes also have a positive effect: after squinting your eyes tightly for 6 seconds, open them sharply. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Water. 500 grams of water drunk for a short time can change skin color.
- Ice. The oldest folk method of getting rid of bruises under the eyes. A piece of ice rub their eyes in the morning.
- White bread with milk. Milk is able to perfectly tone and moisturize the skin on the face. For ease of application, white bread is used, which also saturates the skin with vitamin B.
If the cause of bruising is blood vessels that are too close to the skin, then the problem can be eliminated through laser correction, lymphatic drainage massage. When the source of the problem is impaired pigmentation, you can solve the problem using bleaching agents (masks, cosmetic procedures).
The skin around the eyes is so delicate and thin that any changes in the body can cause bruising in the area around the eyes. The lack of fatty tissue under the skin can be easily corrected. For this purpose, injection fortification can be used (it restores the color of the dermis). Also popular and effective cosmetic procedures are:
- Carboxytherapy of the eyelids. The introduction of carbon dioxide to enhance metabolism and stimulate the formation of collagen, other beneficial substances through injections or masks on the skin. This procedure is affordable, safe, and the result remains the whole year. The course consists of 5-12 procedures that are repeated 1-4 times a week,
- Mesotherapy Vitamins, healthy preparations (mesococktails with acids and other useful substances) are introduced into the middle layers. Mesotherapy is injectable (with microneedles valuable vitamin mixtures are introduced under the skin) and non-injection (using a mesoscooter).
- Mesothreads. Three-dimensional modeling of the area around the eyes (needles with mesothreads are introduced under the skin, which dissolve after a while). Repeat the procedure after 6 months. Meso threads stimulate the production of collagen, protect the dermis from sagging.
- Microcurrent therapy (biostimulation). Low-frequency electric currents are used that accelerate metabolism, improve blood circulation, normalize the sebaceous glands, remove toxins, and relieve inflammation. The course lasts 10-15 procedures. You need to repeat them every 3-4 days. And then, once every 4 weeks it is necessary to perform supportive stimulation.
- Lipolifting of the eyelids. A thin needle injects fat from other parts of the body (stomach, buttocks, hips) under the skin. This procedure is very popular among celebrities and anyone who wants to quickly, painlessly remove large bruises around the eyes.
- Laser peeling. The upper layer of the skin is removed, which contributes to rejuvenation. The result will remain for 3 years. The course consists of 3-5 procedures. Repeat them once a month.
Other well-known procedures include: thread lifting, biorevitalization (injections with hyaluronic acid), blepharoplasty, etc.
Visual acuity test
This test is important for people who spend a lot of time at the computer.
Visual acuity test for children
This test is important for children to reduce the risk of eye diseases. Be the first to receive news from our portal Check out our video blog Bruises under the eyes of a child can appear from a very young age. Their occurrence may indicate violations of diet, sleep and wakefulness, the development of allergies or serious illness, but also be an individual appearance. The appearance of bruises under the eyes is not always a sign of the development of a serious pathology In the latter case, there is no reason to worry about the baby’s health - this feature can remain with him for life or disappear with the growth of the bones of the skull. If dark circles appeared suddenly, in the absence of such unfavorable factors as injuries or blows to the head, severe overwork, sleep disturbances, etc., it is recommended to consult a pediatrician. During the examination and according to the results of a number of studies, the doctor will be able to establish the true cause of this phenomenon and, if necessary, select effective methods of therapy. In case of sudden appearance of bruises under the eyes, it is recommended to seek help from a pediatrician. First of all, the doctor will conduct an external examination of the child and ask parents in detail about the daily regimen, nutrition and workload of the baby. If household factors are excluded, the patient will be given a referral for laboratory tests of urine, blood and feces. If necessary, consult a pediatrician and undergo appropriate examinations. Also, at this stage of diagnosis, ultrasound examination of the kidneys and urinary tract is recommended, because it is precisely because of disorders in the urinary system in many patients that bruises form under the eyes. In cases where abnormalities are not detected in the analyzes and the kidneys turn out to be healthy, they examine the cardiovascular system - measure blood pressure, do an ultrasound and an electrocardiogram. If it is not possible to establish the cause according to the results of these studies, the patient is sent for consultation with an allergist. Dust, pet hair, household chemicals can be those irritants that come in contact with which a child develops an allergy, and one of its symptoms is dark circles under the eyes. Using an allergy test, the doctor will be able to determine which particular stimulus causes such a reaction. Depending on the true cause of bruising in the lower eyelid, the optimal treatment is selected. For example, for helminthiasis, anthelmintic drugs and vitamins are prescribed, in cases of allergies, antihistamines, and for kidney damage, antibacterial and diuretics. As soon as the underlying disease is stopped, the skin under the eyes will begin to gradually become lighter and eventually acquire a healthy shade. For this it is important:
Bruises under the eyes of a child: causes, treatment and prevention
Treatment and prevention
Opinion of Dr. Komarovsky
Be the first to receive news from our portal
Check out our video blog
Bruises under the eyes of a child can appear from a very young age. Their occurrence may indicate violations of diet, sleep and wakefulness, the development of allergies or serious illness, but also be an individual appearance.
The appearance of bruises under the eyes is not always a sign of the development of a serious pathology
In the latter case, there is no reason to worry about the baby’s health - this feature can remain with him for life or disappear with the growth of the bones of the skull.
If dark circles appeared suddenly, in the absence of such unfavorable factors as injuries or blows to the head, severe overwork, sleep disturbances, etc., it is recommended to consult a pediatrician. During the examination and according to the results of a number of studies, the doctor will be able to establish the true cause of this phenomenon and, if necessary, select effective methods of therapy.
In case of sudden appearance of bruises under the eyes, it is recommended to seek help from a pediatrician. First of all, the doctor will conduct an external examination of the child and ask parents in detail about the daily regimen, nutrition and workload of the baby. If household factors are excluded, the patient will be given a referral for laboratory tests of urine, blood and feces.
If necessary, consult a pediatrician and undergo appropriate examinations.
Also, at this stage of diagnosis, ultrasound examination of the kidneys and urinary tract is recommended, because it is precisely because of disorders in the urinary system in many patients that bruises form under the eyes.
In cases where abnormalities are not detected in the analyzes and the kidneys turn out to be healthy, they examine the cardiovascular system - measure blood pressure, do an ultrasound and an electrocardiogram. If it is not possible to establish the cause according to the results of these studies, the patient is sent for consultation with an allergist.
Dust, pet hair, household chemicals can be those irritants that come in contact with which a child develops an allergy, and one of its symptoms is dark circles under the eyes. Using an allergy test, the doctor will be able to determine which particular stimulus causes such a reaction.
Depending on the true cause of bruising in the lower eyelid, the optimal treatment is selected. For example, for helminthiasis, anthelmintic drugs and vitamins are prescribed, in cases of allergies, antihistamines, and for kidney damage, antibacterial and diuretics.
As soon as the underlying disease is stopped, the skin under the eyes will begin to gradually become lighter and eventually acquire a healthy shade.
For this it is important:
Wet cleaning should be carried out regularly in the children's room. According to Dr. Komarovsky, household causes of eye circles are the most common and harmless. As soon as parents manage to establish the regimen of the child’s day, the problem will be resolved by itself in a few days.
In a room in which both a small child and a teenager spend most of their time, wet cleaning should be done regularly and aired as often as possible. Moms need to refuse to use chlorine-containing detergents for cleaning, and wash linens and clothes only with hypoallergenic powders.
In the diet of the child should be a sufficient amount of fresh fruits and vegetables
It is equally important to adjust the diet and drinking regime of the baby. Preference should be given to fresh vegetables and fruits, foods high in iron (liver, sea kale, buckwheat porridge and chicken yolk). A 4–5 meal at regular intervals is recommended.
Sweets, fast food, chips and other unwholesome foods should be excluded from the diet. Instead of carbonated drinks, the child should drink clean drinking water, teas, compotes or fruit drinks at room temperature.