The modern world with its frantic rhythm leaves its mark on society. People begin to suffer from depression and anxiety. Prolonged stresses cause obsessive thoughts. You can get rid of them with the help of a good psychologist, but not everyone decides to consult a doctor with this problem. There are several ways to deal with the obsession yourself, but first you need to figure out the reasons for it.
Reasons for the appearance
There are several reasons that can cause anxiety and annoying ideas. The most common cases:
- In some people, obsessive disorder may occur due to brain injuries, genetic inheritance, or amid infectious diseases. In addition, the reason may be hidden in the features of the central nervous system. There is a list of biological factors.
- The problem often arises for psychological reasons, this may include neurosis, depression, lowered self-esteem and even parenting received in childhood. Moreover, annoying thoughts are expressed differently in each case.
- Sociological reasons appear due to prolonged stress, sociophobia. Also, often the starting point is overvoltage. As a rule, the problem arises as a result of family quarrels or trouble at work.
In addition to these aspects, obsession can occur due to illness. Most often, people with schizophrenia, epilepsy, encephalitis encounter it. Before you try to get rid of annoying thoughts, you need to understand the reason for their appearance.
The condition when a person is constantly accompanied by negative thoughts and anxiety is also called an obsession syndrome. This problem must be considered from a psychological point of view. Specialists distinguish two types of symptoms by which it is possible to diagnose an obsession. It is worth considering each case separately. Somatic signs:
- Excessive bowel function
- severe shortness of breath
- blanching or, conversely, redness of the skin.
These are external signs that can occur almost immediately. The disease can also be detected with the help of internal psychological symptoms. They appear as follows:
- the presence of negative memories that cause a feeling of shame, guilt or remorse,
- the occurrence of any phobia,
- aggressive behavior towards friends, colleagues, family members,
- uncertainty about anything
- invented images in the head
- desire to do a bad thing
- scrolling of the same thought.
This is not the whole list of how an unpleasant syndrome can manifest itself. Much depends on the nature and behavior of a person.
Ways to get rid
Obsessive thoughts must be dealt with by any means possible. There are several effective techniques that will help you distract from heavy thoughts and normalize your state of mind. They can be used independently without the help of specialists. It is worth considering carefully each option:
- Psychological device "switch". The technique is that a person mentally presents his problems or phobias. Then he creates a kind of cutout from his own fears. As soon as a negative thought creeps into his head, he simply “turns off” it. After a few tricks, fears disappear on their own.
- Breathing technique. You can overcome anxious thoughts and fixation with the help of breathing. To do this, you need to take a pose in which it will be convenient and comfortable. Then you need to slowly and evenly inhale and exhale. This will help normalize the physical condition, eliminate the negative. After this, as a rule, a person completely calms down and begins to feel much better.
- Aromatherapy Aromatherapy is actively used to combat fears. Health can be restored by relaxing when the emotional state is normal. As soon as frightening thoughts appear, you need to light scented candles and turn on pleasant music. This will help to create a relaxing environment and partially eliminate the problem.
Another effective technique to help stop the so-called corrals is playing in a role. A person experiencing a phobia should play the role of a successful, respected and purposeful person. You can practice this condition in the form of a theatrical production. After a few sessions, the subconscious mind begins to take this image for granted. As a result, terrible thoughts cease to torment.
In psychology, there is information that it is possible to remove a phobia, sorting it out. For example, if a patient is terrified of water, then you need to look fear in your eyes - sign up for a pool and learn how to swim. If you are afraid of the scene, you should speak at some event. As a rule, the feeling of fear is supplanted by adrenaline and courage.
You can cure obsessive-compulsive disorder with medications. In this case, medications for neurosis are prescribed that eliminate physiological symptoms.
Antidepressants will help get rid of insomnia that occurs against the background of looping. They also ensure the inclusion of a person in the process of life. This option only drowns out the mental disorder, releases fears, but does not cure the syndrome as a whole.
Many patients actively use such drugs, although they note their side effects. As a rule, people feel sleepy, it is difficult for them to concentrate on something specific.
There is nothing shameful that a person turned to a psychotherapist. The specialist will not only get rid of the problem, but also find out its true cause. Usually, the doctor conducts an individual session, in which he explains in detail where the fears come from and how to let them go.
In a personal conversation, the therapist uses various techniques, looking for the right approach to each person. This therapy is considered the most effective, but it all depends on the professionalism of the doctor.
Cognitive therapy is often prescribed. Any person throughout his life observes certain rituals, for example, before falling asleep, he must read a book. Working in a cognitive direction, the psychologist draws the attention of the patient to the importance of being responsible for their own thoughts.
As a result, a person gains a constructive reaction to thoughts and ideas that arise in the head, which cannot be logically explained. He begins to let them go automatically. In addition, he learns to perform certain acts, without observing any ritual.
It will not be a discovery for anyone that a person is greatly influenced by the close environment - family, friends, colleagues. The most common reason for the development of obsession is personal problems, they can be associated with a lack of understanding in the house, poor relations with her husband or children.
The specialist’s task is to try to understand this issue, and then normalize the situation, return harmony and mutual understanding to family relations.
You can try to get rid of annoying thoughts with the help of literature. Books of Nikolay Perov are very popular. The author describes a technique that will help to cope with panic attacks, various addictions, a sense of laziness. In addition, Perov’s books have tips on how to increase self-esteem. Video consultation can also be viewed online on his YouTube channel.
Often, a person comes to the observance of rituals, for example, to read or think about the events of the past day, for example. When working in a cognitive direction, the specialist makes the focus on the recognition of responsibility for their thoughts. The result of the work should be the training of the patient of the constructive reaction to such thoughts, ideas, which are not suitable for the logic. Also, a person takes into account doing important actions without observing the usual rituals.
- Gambling is an analogue of addiction, a kind of malicious hobby, excessive.
- Mania of greatness is a type of behavior or self-identity of an individual, expressed in the region.
- Pursuit mania is a mental dysfunction that may also be referred to as.
How to get rid of obsessive thoughts
How to get rid of obsessive thoughts and anxiety? It would seem that it is terrible in thoughts that invariably arise in the head, distracting from current events. However, this position is fundamentally erroneous, because obsessive thoughts exhaust a person by pursuing him, they take energy, take time and destructively affect health, and prevent you from enjoying your own being. Life is fleeting, so you should value it every minute, and not waste it. Obsessive thoughts can greatly complicate the daily existence. Psychology calls annoying thoughts an obsessive-compulsive disorder and offers many methods of getting rid of them.
Tips on how to get rid of your obsessions on your own
The modern information abundance that a person has to process every day provides individuals with the necessary knowledge, but it often leads to an incorrect perception of this information. Pesky ideas come to everyone, but they “settle down” in individuals for a long time and greatly complicate their existence, often acquiring the scale of a mental deviation, especially if they are caused by mental trauma in the present or are connected with past upheavals. There are many varieties of similar psycho-emotional deviations. In most situations, you can get rid of obsessive thoughts and fears yourself using simple methods and special exercises.
Common causes of anxious moods and annoying thoughts of imminent horrors or setbacks that can happen are emotional shocks that occurred earlier.
Discussions can be based on the fear of a repetition of an undesirable situation and a lack of understanding of how to get out of it. At the same time, similar thoughts can also appear without reason. Accumulating, fears and anxieties provoke nervous strain, leading, first of all, to digestive tract dysfunction. The most common disorder arising from an imbalance in the emotional background is a stomach ulcer, followed by an upset myocardial function.
In addition, the constant effects of stressors and obsessive thoughts give rise to the following problems:
- various dependencies, for example, food, alcohol,
- excess weight, which is the result of overeating or abundant production of the hormone cortisol (in case of emotional shock, cortisol is thrown into the bloodstream in order to help the body overcome difficulties, however, with prolonged stress, this hormone inhibits metabolism),
- diseases of the reproductive system due to hormonal bursts (malfunctions in the hormonal cycle, violation of the microflora of the genitals, often neoplasms, decreased potency, deterioration of sperm quality),
- weakening of the immune system, as a result of which the body becomes easily susceptible to various infections,
- there are mental abnormalities generated by depressive moods (suicidal tendencies, complexes, phobias, mental illnesses).
Therefore, it is recommended to use any methods that help get rid of obsessive thoughts and anxiety.
First of all, in order to eliminate anxiety and obsessive thoughts on your own, it is recommended to allow the positive to settle in the soul. It is necessary to try to control the flow of thoughts, avoiding negative assessments of reality, thoughts with a minus sign. If you have a bad thought, an unpleasant association, a bad image, you should immediately turn your own attention to any pleasant event or memory. You can also indulge in joyful dreams or the rainbow planning of tomorrow's life. It is necessary to recall life events when a person felt himself the happiest, most successful, beloved, successful, and remember these emotions in order to be able to appeal to them when apathy develops, sad thoughts and depressive thoughts will begin to prevail.
People are plunged into their own world, filled with despondency and indifference to what is happening, when they lack positive emotions. This often leads to depressive moods, and sometimes it can give rise to real depression.
If it’s hard to switch to pleasant thoughts or memories, it is recommended to acquire an interesting hobby or other occupation to your liking. For example, you can start going to the pool, water has the ability to eliminate negativity, enroll in the sports section, because sports contribute to the production of the hormone of happiness. In addition to the beneficial effects of physical education on a person’s mental state, sport also takes up free time, which leaves no opportunity to indulge in sorrows or succumb to the effects of obsessive thoughts and anxieties.
It is necessary to introduce small breaks into the habit, diluting the active daily life. A person is a living functioning organism, and he needs ordinary rest. A common cause of obsessive thoughts and anxiety is banal overwork.
It is also recommended to allow yourself to “laze around” a bit during the day, for example, watch an interesting movie, read a novel. This will eliminate anxiety.
When the obsessive thoughts are the result of the habit of “grinding” daily events, reproducing again and again in the head, take it off quite easily. First of all, it should be recognized that not all thoughts are logical, intelligent and true. After all, thoughts constantly reproduced by the brain are not necessarily part of the surrounding reality. Often, obsessions are illogical and completely inadequate. You should know that thought is only a reflection of the conditions of life of individuals, their moods, moral guidelines, values, moods, life circumstances, horizons, imagination, well-read and worldview. The confusion and intricacies of all these components in the brain often leads to the appearance of obsessions.
Resisting an internal conversation, as well as ignoring it, is not only pointless, but also often dangerous. Since a person by such behavior independently drives his own person into a trap, where panic and anxiety reign. Therefore, it is recommended to realize the presence of obsessive thoughts, to recognize the very fact of their presence. Then you should try to become an outside observer, looking at the ongoing "dance" of thoughts from the outside. At the same time, even the slightest attempt to analyze them should be avoided. Questions like “why do these thoughts appear”, “what led to them” will be driven back into a trap.
It must be remembered that annoying internal dialogue is only a stream of thoughts, which is completely optional to believe. It is more important to listen to your own feelings that arise as a result of annoying thoughts. Perhaps a person experiences anger, irritation, joy, sadness, or denial overcomes him. These emotions should not be afraid, they must be accepted and lived. Such a process will lead to transformations in the psyche. The consequence of this will be the attenuation of the described sensations and the restoration of spiritual comfort.
In this case, one should not expect instant relief from obsessive thoughts and anxiety.It is necessary to prepare yourself for the fact that the process of releasing from the yoke of annoying thoughts is quite lengthy. Therefore, you should closely familiarize yourself with relaxation techniques. After all, the brain also needs rest and constantly unnerving thoughts will deplete it. Various breathing practices, auto-suggestion, auto-training can help to relax and eliminate unnecessary stress.
It is also recommended not to avoid social contacts. Because friendly interaction contributes to distraction from obsessive thoughts and set up for positive. A deliberate protection of oneself from society will only exacerbate the condition and strengthen symptoms.
Methods for getting rid of obsessive thoughts
Most psychologists agree that obsessive states often arise from traumatic events. In this case, it is not necessary to witness the tragedy or survive the sudden death of a loved one. For some people, leaving the life of a pet can become a trigger, as it will give rise to deep emotional experiences that the human psyche cannot overcome on its own due to any reason.
Before embarking on the path of struggle with obsessive thoughts, it is necessary to understand the following:
- the situation will not be resolved by itself, if you constantly think about it,
- any annoying thought is devoid of a rational foundation, and if it is caused by a specific problem, then it is necessary to solve this problem, there is no point in thinking constantly about it,
- to eliminate annoying internal dialogs will not work through reflection and finding a logical argument.
Today, many methods have been developed to cope with the annoying internal dialogue on their own.
Below are a few ways to get rid of obsessive thoughts in your head yourself.
As already mentioned above, first of all, it is necessary to stop struggling with pesky thoughts, since this battle is in advance losing. Obsessive thoughts so take away the strength and energy of a person, and if an individual also consciously begins to pay attention to them, plunging into negative experiences deeper, he will simply weaken his own body. Here you can apply one well-known expression: "In order not to recall the black cat, it is necessary to recall the purple dog." This statement can be found in various variations, but the meaning remains unchanged.
When obsessive thoughts begin to prevail, it is recommended to mentally imagine that there is a “delete” button in the brain that should be pressed, and switch attention to topical activities or more pleasant things.
Creativity is one of the most effective ways to get rid of neurosis-like conditions. It is necessary to write on a piece of paper about everything that torments, causes inconvenience, which interferes with a comfortable existence.
You can draw problems. In this case, it does not matter whether there are artistic abilities. It does not matter the beauty and clarity of the lines, the main thing is to give freedom to your own imagination.
You can sculpt an alarming problem out of clay or plasticine or cut out of colored cardboard. The main thing is to allow yourself to do everything that the soul wants at the moment, to express tormenting ideas in the most convenient way. After the work done, you must carefully listen to the feelings inside. If you don’t want to write, draw or create anything more, then it is time to get rid of obsessive thoughts and anxieties yourself. You can tear to the smallest pieces, burn, discard, run into the distance by airplane, crush, crush your own "creation".
Exhausting fantasies, ideas and feelings can be transformed into new opportunities, a resource, a development zone. For example, if the thought of an unmounted iron or an unlocked door has always been pursuing forever, then you need to start developing your own attention and memory. Besides the fact that it will help you remember exactly what the iron is off, these skills will also contribute to work and will greatly facilitate daily life.
In order to get rid of obsessive thoughts and anxieties, it is recommended to try to identify the patterns of their occurrence. For example, disturbing thoughts begin to prevail closer to evening time or in the early morning. Maybe they arise only because the subconscious of a person wants to help a person - to evade from an unwanted business, work, call. Annoying thoughts can be a kind of bell signaling the need to look back on one’s own life: boring work can hate or torment life. With the appearance of obsessions, it is important to understand what served as the trigger.
The method of distraction proved to be no less effective in getting rid of obsessions. Indeed, sometimes a person needs so little to feel happy - to hear the sound of the sea, to see a sunny sunset, to enjoy the singing of spring birds. Sometimes you can stare at the fire and forget about all disturbing situations, as if time had stopped and everything had stopped. This is because the brain, being distracted by various dynamic processes, believes that the rest is not so significant, and therefore any sticky and exhausting thoughts, emotions, images go away, as a result of which the individual feels relaxed, feels a surge of strength, and also inspires inspiration . Therefore, the more often the brain is occupied with various tasks, the lower the likelihood of a neurosis.
It is also necessary to realize that when an individual accepts obsessive thoughts from outside and performs certain actions as a result of their influence, he must take responsibility for these actions, as well as their consequences. Responsibility should not be shifted to haunting thoughts. Since a person acted in accordance with them, therefore, it was he who accepted them. In addition, actions were performed not by thoughts, but by the individual himself.
In order to get rid of obsessions, it is recommended to stop relentlessly reproducing thoughts and engage in self-hypnosis. Since it is auto-suggestion that has tremendous power. Thanks to it, pain can be eliminated, a psychosomatic disorder can be cured, or the state of mind can be improved. The method of auto-suggestion is widely used in psychotherapy.
Finding himself in a crisis situation, the individual unconsciously begins to make statements that can only worsen the condition. Autosuggestion is connected, leading to a feeling of complete powerlessness, a feeling of despair, longing, a variety of violations and ailments. If a person begins to notice that he constantly repeats a negative attitude, it is recommended to replace it with the opposite one, trying to repeat it more often.
Also, for independent disposal of obsessive thoughts and anxieties, one should consciously abandon hidden interests and benefits. No matter how unnatural it may seem, an individual, overwhelmed by exhausting annoying thoughts, often seeks imaginary benefits for his own person in their presence. However, they do not recognize themselves in this. Psychologists call this phenomenon "secondary benefit."
When it seems that the benefit of torment surpasses the benefit of spiritual comfort. However, this is only self-deception, so you should try to find and comprehend the "secondary benefit". Only after this, the individual will be able to eradicate obsession and find a way out of the existing situation.
People suffering from haunting obsessive thoughts should recognize the absurdity of these thoughts. Several coherent rational theses contribute to exposing the absurdity of the thoughts that torment them. It is important that the arguments are clear, concise and concise. It is better not to enter into a lengthy argument with one's own obsessive thoughts. Because such behavior is doomed to failure in advance. Such a dialogue will end with the fact that emotions will prevail over the mind.
There is a certain group of pesky thoughts, which is easier to overcome than other obsessive thoughts. They are characterized by a connection with certain actions, the future, which is in the hands of people. The described group includes fear of the future, consequences, loneliness. This also includes the popular question of how to get rid of obsessive thoughts about a person.
The basis of these fears is banal indecision. It is necessary to stop worrying and take action. You should look directly into your own fears. After all, it is unknown in advance whether they are justified or not, it is unknown tomorrow will be as it seems or otherwise. The only way to find out is to verify empirically what happens next. Fears will dispel on their own when a person is convinced that the reasons for anxiety simply do not exist. It is necessary to concentrate your own will in the fist and follow in the forward direction.
It should also be understood that the problem is best addressed comprehensively. Before embarking on the implementation of the above methods, you need to review your own routine and daily diet. It is recommended to minimize the consumption of psychostimulants. It is better to replace herbal tinctures with an emphasis on sedative herbs, the usual caffeinated drinks and tea. Effective will be a collection consisting of St. John's wort, Valerian officinalis and peppermint. The effect of this drink can be enhanced with buckwheat honey.
As already mentioned above, in order to get rid of obsessive states, it is necessary to diversify one’s own leisure, so as not to leave even the minimum opportunity for annoying thoughts to seize the individual’s consciousness. It is necessary to exclude idleness from daily being. Therefore, the day should be painted literally every minute. You cannot leave even seconds for destructive thoughts.
In addition to the above, it is necessary to conduct daily psychological work with yourself. This work should be aimed at eliminating from the head tormenting thoughts. It is easier to do this when there is an understanding that every thought is only a tiny part of the person himself, which is determined by his environment, upbringing, environment and much more. Therefore, one should not identify with obsessive thoughts. Only after this postulate is accepted by the individual and assimilated can we proceed to the next steps.
Obsessions are difficult to resist, and it is almost impossible to destroy them. This statement should be recognized in order to move on. Destructive thoughts must be ignored without entering into "demagogy" with them.
It is also not recommended to get rid of the sensations generated by these thoughts. These emotions should be lived through to the end, felt until complete disappearance.
No need to dive into your own inner world, giving complete power over yourself to obsessive thoughts. It is better to pay attention to the riot of colors and the variety of events in the real world.
What are obsessive thoughts?
If a person is strongly impressed, all his thoughts are directed to the object that impressed him. This is a completely normal phenomenon that accompanies work on interesting projects, new acquaintances, newly-established relationships and other important events in life.
But sometimes an idea completely captures a person’s thoughts, forcing him to burn emotional energy aimlessly and spend time on meaningless thinking. Such thoughts are called obsessive or obsessive (from the Latin obsession - “siege”, “obsession with an idea” or “obsession”).
According to DSM-5 (the nomenclature of mental disorders used in the USA for diagnosis), obsessive or obsessive thoughts can be said if there are such signs:
- Thoughts uncontrollably arise and repeat, causing a person significant discomfort,
- Thought images become stable and do not leave their head, despite the inappropriateness. A person becomes overly preoccupied with things that do not affect his life,
- A person tries to suppress unwanted thoughts by switching to other thoughts, but does not always succeed,
- Unwanted thoughts and mental images are formed directly by the person himself (not imposed by external circumstances),
Obsessive thoughts manifest themselves in different ways. Some people cannot get rid of stable visual images, others have a constant internal dialogue, discussing with an imaginary opponent or once again rehearsing the upcoming conversation.
Regardless of the form of manifestation, most people would prefer to get rid of obsessive thoughts so as not to waste time and energy on them. Today we will consider an effective 12-step technique that allows you to quickly put your thoughts in order and improve your quality of life.
Try to get rid of the root cause.
Often, obsessive thoughts become the result of protracted unresolved problems (not related to the subject of reflection). This is a protective mechanism that allows you to squeeze painful thoughts out of your head.
For example, if a person has not been able to complete a large-scale project for a long time, he involuntarily begins to think about something extraneous, distracting from unpleasant thoughts about work in progress. It is necessary to determine what problem provokes obsessive thoughts, and solve it.
Recognize the futility of obsessive thoughts
Trying not to think about urgent painful problems, a person often plunges into thought over “fundamental” questions in the style of “Is there life on Mars?” Or “What to do with the American president?”. Almost always obsessive thoughts are meaningless and absurd. Realizing this, abandoning them becomes much easier.
This is a fairly effective tool that can both benefit and harm. In most cases, a person uses self-hypnosis involuntarily, and quite often - under the influence of obsessive thoughts. Constantly scrolling through the head of an unpleasant installation, you can even harm your health.
But self-hypnosis can also be used to combat obsessive thoughts. Learn to feel the moment of the appearance of obsessive experiences and immediately change the setting to the opposite. Repeat it diligently, clearly separating each word.
Having concentrated on obsessive thought, our brain “clings” to it, considering it important. You can switch from this state by focusing on something else.
Have a spring cleaning or prepare a complex dish with lots of ingredients. Having completely occupied yourself for several hours, you can not only get rid of obsessive thoughts, but also have a good rest due to a change in the type of activity.
Experience physical relaxation
Muscle tension can increase obsessive states, so relaxation will not hurt. Relaxing, a person gets rid of fears, his propensity to experience is significantly reduced.
To achieve maximum effect, it is necessary to achieve complete relaxation of all the muscles of your body. The ideal way is to go for a massage or a sauna. And maybe both. It will be equally useful to visit the pool.
Swimming not only helps to relax the whole body, but also get rid of unnecessary thoughts.
Start living an active lifestyle.
Go in for sports and try to move more during the day. It is important not to spend much time sitting at the computer or in the workplace. From time to time, you need to get up to do a little workout, walk to the window or make tea.
What matters is not the intensity of the classes, but their regularity, so start do morning exercises move more during the day, and go for a jog or walk in the evening. Physical activity should be present in sufficient quantities every day, you can not make exceptions on the weekend or "too tired at work."
Keep a diary
Sometimes you just need to talk.The diary in this regard is convenient, since you can “pour out thoughts” without being embarrassed or “filtering” what was said.
Often, to get rid of obsessive thoughts, it is enough to simply formulate them or draw up a block diagram.
If the situation, which has been haunting for a long time, is transferred to paper, this will calm down and forget about it. A success diary can also be an effective tool.
Change your daily routine
After a short observation, you can establish the patterns of the appearance of unwanted thoughts. They can occur at certain times of the day or after certain actions.
Obsessive thoughts may be an attempt to avoid the negativity associated with annoying work or unpleasant communication.
By finding out when and why obsessions occur, you can cope with them by slightly changing the daily routine.
Meet and chat with new people
Often, obsessive thoughts become a reaction to loneliness and a sense of one's own “uselessness”. In this case, it is enough to expand the circle of communication, and obsessive states will quickly disappear.
It is not difficult to do this today, because the Internet allows anyone to find friends with similar views, tastes and interests.
You can join thematic groups in social networks, register on forums and various entertainment resources that support user communication.
How to become more sociable?
Record thoughts and interesting ideas
Sometimes we grab onto an interesting idea and begin to think it over, exhausting ourselves. Try to write down all thoughts that haunt you in a notebook or diary. If this is a valuable idea, your brain will be able to relax, gaining confidence that it will not be lost.
Ordinary obsessions, not related to interesting ideas and important things, should also be written down, but it is better to use not a notebook, but a blank sheet of paper. Having written out a thought, you can enter into a virtual dialogue with yourself and better understand the causes of an obsessive state. Having dealt with the experiences, the sheet can simply be torn and discarded.
Obsessive thoughts consume emotional energy and force a person to spend a large amount of time on useless thoughts. Without them, life becomes vibrant and eventful, while productivity and productivity increase.
We examined 10 effective steps to get rid of obsessive thoughts. Write them down and regularly review the list to make sure that you are doing everything right and protecting yourself from unnecessary experiences.
Norm or pathology?
The pathological manifestation of the phenomenon in psychology is called the obsessive state syndrome, or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). However, you do not need to be scared right away. I'm sure this is not your case.
Healthy people also get hung up sometimes. This is not about fictional rituals characteristic of OCD. Healthy people become hostages of their desires, needs, phobias, expectations. Surely you came across the following: you could not sleep peacefully, think about something else, until an important event occurred.
What is dangerous
Even a healthy manifestation of obsessive thoughts is dangerous to humans. Obsession interferes with life, distorts perception, and prevents work. Any, even pleasant, obsession gradually depletes the body. In addition, speaking of a pleasant expectation of something, it is worth mentioning such a possible option as disappointment.
Reasons for obsession
Negative thoughts take over the mind more often than positive ideas. The most popular obsessive thoughts:
- The world is dangerous, people are asocial.
- Nobody loves me.
- I don’t know what to do.
- This is a stalemate.
- What if I make it worse?
- I can’t get what I want.
- Suddenly they will take advantage of me.
- All of me needs only profit.
- Why did I do this?
Behind each such negative reflection is a psychological problem, anxiety and fear. “Nobody loves me” usually means one specific person. “I won’t succeed” is a typical attitude of a person with victim syndrome, low self-esteem, and self-doubt. “The world is dangerous” is a consequence of psychological trauma, personal negative experience.
The media are also contributing: crime news, scary advertising. So an adequate concern for one’s health develops first into an obsession, and then into hypochondria. Or a healthy fear for your life - first into an obsession, and then into sociophobia.
An obsession is accompanied by a stressful state. Stress - the excitation of the body, the accumulation of energy. Spill it out. Physical activity helps to think clearly, releases consciousness, makes you work harder and find new ways to solve problems. In addition, sports increase self-confidence, stimulate the production of hormones of joy and anti-stress hormones.
In addition to this, try to fully relax. A tired brain is capable of various pranks, including obsessive negative thoughts. Try to meditate in the morning.
To make things easier, concentrate on the rhythm of the clock or the pendulum. As soon as you catch yourself on your previous thoughts, return violently to the metronome.
It will be easier to concentrate gradually, the psychophysiological state will improve.
How to get rid of bad thoughts: the advice of psychologists, exercises
Obsessive thoughts and fears bordering on phobias worry many people. In a state of constant anxiety, it is difficult to pack up and tune in a positive mood. Negative mood reduces the ability to deal with the problem, blinding and disorienting the person. There are different ways to deal with this problem, but first you need to understand the cause of the bad thoughts.
Why do obsessive thoughts arise?
The reasons for the appearance of obsessive thoughts of a negative nature may be different, but their understanding and correct interpretation are the key factors in solving the problem.
Often, the very fact of understanding what led to bad thoughts already helps to get rid of them.
It is no accident that the first question that psychologists ask people who come to them with such a problem is: “Can you remember when it all started?”
In order to stop thinking from a negative point of view, you need to remember when she began to dominate the positive, and find the reason for thoughts that interfere with life.
So, the causes of negative thoughts may be:
- Character Features. Most people are divided into optimists and pessimists, and it is not surprising that the latter have been dominated by negative judgment since childhood. Moving into adulthood, such people look everywhere for minuses and prepare for the worst consequences, so they take everything to heart and constantly lose bad events in their heads,
- Low self-esteem. The self-doubt caused by flaws in thinking, appearance, behavior, physical and psychological problems, life circumstances, can lead to fixation on defects. In such a situation, it’s hard to relax and take yourself for the better. It happens that outwardly attractive, successful people suffer from low self-esteem due to reproaches and convictions that linger in memory for a long time,
- Negative experience. A number of unpleasant incidents, unsuccessful attempts to do something important can affect the psyche. As a result, there is an obsessive fear that this will happen again. People most affected by violence
- Suspiciousness. This is a character trait that provokes constant fear and a wary attitude to all manifestations of life. Suspicious people everywhere look for negative connotations and often suffer from persecution mania, which is heated by books, news, films and people's conversations,
- Inability to make decisions. Doubts in the choice, even in small details, prevent some from not only deciding on some actions, but even understanding their desires and determining their path,
- Environment. Some people are very dependent on the opinions of others that society imposes on them. Nearby there may be people who convince that life is full of darkness and negativity, criticizing and creating complexes and fears for the future,
- Loneliness. Few can find advantages in it and, left alone, suffer from a lack of love, attention, care, a warm relationship. Especially suffer from this woman. Left without male support, they shoulder all the responsibility and set themselves a bad attitude: now there is no place to wait for help and everything needs to be decided by itself,
- Hard situation, event. If in previous cases negative thinking can be stopped by understanding the peculiarity of your character and changing your attitude to life, then when something very bad happens to a person, the psyche that is subject to negativity can not stand it. A strong quarrel with a loved one, a divorce, an accident, a financial collapse or a shaky health - thoughts begin to scroll through this head, and if the situation is not completed, the unknown will provoke fear and anxiety for your future. In this case, being locked in yourself, you can fall into a severe depression.
If understanding the cause is the first step to solving the problem, then the second step to getting rid of obsessive thoughts is to let go of the situation and stop thinking about it. There are various ways to do this.
10 ways to get rid of annoying thoughts
There are universal ways to get rid of obsessive thoughts. These methods work for almost all the causes of the problem, so if one of them did not help, you can easily switch to the other. 3-4 tried methods often help, if not completely get rid, then significantly minimize the impact of anxiety on life.
Experiences and stresses are natural for each individual. But in order not to slide into despondency and depression, it is necessary to learn to get rid of the manifestation of obsessive thoughts.
- Solution. A key factor in this method is a correct understanding of the cause. When a person is obsessed with anxious thoughts, first of all, psychologists recommend getting rid of their source. The most effective and fastest way to get rid of negative thoughts is to solve the problem that causes them. Quit stressful work, end a destructive relationship, and leave your comfort zone. This is not always possible and often causes fear, but it is necessary and works without fail.
- Ignore negative thoughts when their source is a vague problem. The source of negativity can be rhetoric or philosophy: thoughts of death, fear of crisis, any situation that does not have adequate and visible premises. Thoughts about death that do not allow life to rejoice, despite the fact that they do not have a sound basis, must be ignored. We need to learn how to live today, stop thinking about tomorrow and concentrate on what is happening right now. Fill the mind with bright thoughts, ignore unreasonable anxiety and look at things from a realistic point of view.
- Engage in self-development. It is logical that self-development involves the study of new topics and engaging in new hobbies. This helps to turn thoughts in the other direction and develop interest in life. New interests are charged with vivacity, positive thoughts and joy from the expectation of something new. By devoting your free time to a new hobby, you will not only get rid of obsessive thoughts, but also get undeniable benefits.
- Live and let go. There can be many negative thoughts, and, experiencing them, the brain is constantly looking for ways to solve the whole problem at once. However, in order to stop thinking about all the negative ideas, it is necessary to scroll through each one in turn, having lived through all the emotions and each situation separately. This practice reduces the fear of the future and restores the ability to think positively. Moreover, it is necessary to worry not only the current situation, but also all kinds of negative scenarios.
- Read books. One of the most effective methods of cleansing the mind is to fill it with something new. Psychologists recommend paying attention to quality literature: world classics, humorous works, books about personal growth. Literature that provokes positive thinking contributes to a change in life for the better.
- Workout. Exercise provokes the growth of endorphin (the hormone of happiness), and a healthy lifestyle, clean air and physical activity make it difficult to think about bad things. The very first step to emotional cleansing is morning exercises. And having signed up for a gym or martial arts, you can not only improve your body and spirit, but also meet new people and get new emotions.
- Focus on the present. This can be done by reading books about liberating the spirit and watching films on similar topics. The problem of many people is that they think too much about the future, preparing for negative consequences, even if there are no prerequisites for them. Work on yourself and the ability to enjoy today helps to get rid of anxieties.
- Do the cleaning, make a reshuffle. Some people are fans of cleaning because it acts as a sedative on them. General cleaning is not only a way to clean the external environment, but also to change the environment, having tuned in a new way. This method is extremely simple, but very effective.
- Get adrenaline. A portion of adrenaline (fear mixed with enthusiasm) acts on the mental system, like a reboot. Parachute jump, paragliding, diving, horror quest or other extraordinary act affects the state of mind, like cold water on a hot body - throws out the unnecessary and activates the thirst for life.
- Just relax. Many people dismiss and take offense when others in unison say that they just need to relax properly. Someone thinks that rest will not solve anything, because returning to familiar life will be even harder, and someone knows that he will not be able to get rid of the idea that soon everything will start anew. However, psychologists recommend resting for a reason. Stress and tension can unsettle anyone, and it is necessary to relax in such a situation. You should get out for a weekend in the country, to deserted places, turn off the phone and try not to think about anything. Or vice versa, think about everything, live and throw it out of your head.
These ways to get rid of bad thoughts are simple and accessible to almost everyone. Nothing prevents you from trying them all. It definitely won’t be worse, but better, as practice shows, it will become mandatory.
Additional psychologist tips and exercises
Among the exercises recommended by psychologists to effectively get rid of bad thoughts, the following are popular:
- Let go of problems. You can get rid of bad thoughts in your head by visualizing the process. Usually, with the words “get rid of the negative,” people imagine a long process of working on themselves. However, there is a different approach to this situation, simple but effective. Write out all the fears, all the negativity on a piece of paper. Burn it and develop ashes in the wind. Or write everything on a piece of paper, put it in a balloon, pump it with helium and release it into the sky. Another option is to write each problem on a strip of paper, fold the stars out of them, rise to a height and drop them from a great height. Such an exercise will help to get a sense of liberation and visualize the process, consolidating the positive effect.
- Another exercise that helps get rid of the thoughts that torment you is to keep a negative diary and a positive diary. The first is to write in a quick confusing handwriting all the bad that comes to mind, and in the second to carefully write down all the good, decorating and painting in every possible way. Gradually, you should come to the point of completely getting rid of the first diary.
- Psychologists for a reason recommend pronounce oneselfbut this should be done wisely. Well, if there is a person nearby who will listen and support, but such people are also not iron, and often we know what they will tell us. It’s best to find someone unfamiliar, which is easy to do in the age of information technology (anonymous chat, social network or blog service), and express everything as in spirit, and then forget the person and what was said.
- Start writing. Transfer your problems to fictional characters - write poems or start a novel where the protagonist will experience and overcome every negative event in your life. While you write this story, you will not only help yourself get rid of obsessive fears, but, quite possibly, you will find new ways to solve the problem using the hero’s example.
Psychologists recommend these simple exercises not only when negative thoughts appear, but also when everything is relatively good - to prevent positive thinking.
Each person builds his own thinking. Someone is trying to get rid of bad thoughts on their own, someone is turning to psychologists, and someone is trying to ignore the problem and look for ways to distract. And if getting rid of annoying thoughts is completely difficult, then distracting from them is simple.
To be distracted does not mean to forget or ignore, but it helps to relax and find new forces in order to ignore them. The methods may be different:
- Meeting with friends, going to the cinema, theater, events,
- Cooking, baking, learning new recipes,
- City walks, bike rides,
- New acquaintances,
- Shopping, buying new books, stationery, clothes, goodies,
- Writing poems and stories.
In addition to these methods, you can come up with your own. Do anything, the main thing is that it completely entertains you, leaving no time to think about the bad. And we should not forget that if you do not eradicate the problem that caused negative thoughts, you won’t be able to get rid of them to the end.
Subscribe to our Yandex.Zen channel (10
To overcome fear and anxiety, you must adhere to some rules. They are as follows:
- Negative thoughts should not be allowed to occur in the head. They need to be blocked at the first sign of occurrence. It is necessary to instantly switch to pleasant memories, funny events from life.
- In case of unpleasant sensations, for example, anxiety, you need to find a comfortable place (a soft chair or your favorite sofa), lie down and plunge into the past. You need to remember the happiest day in your life, and then try to restore it every minute. You should remember the emotional state in which the person was at that moment, and urgently switch to it as soon as the negative returns.
- With a lack of positive emotions, a person begins to leave for his own world, where there is no paint and joy. This everyday despondency can cause serious depression, which will be extremely difficult to get out of. In such a situation, psychologists advise finding a fascinating hobby or business to your liking. You can enroll in the pool, go to needlework courses. It is necessary to load the day as much as possible so that there is no time left for bad thoughts.
You can go the opposite way - to get rid of obsessive thoughts with the help of idleness. Do not load the day with cleaning, cooking or other household chores. It is easy to forget about anxiety and hopelessness while watching an interesting film, reading a book or eating delicious pizza.
What it is?
Psychologists are inclined to believe that this is a neurotic disorder, most often arising from traumatic events. And it is not necessary to witness the killings or unexpectedly lose loved ones. For some, the death of a pet can be decisive, as it will cause deep feelings that the psyche for some reason could not cope with at the moment. But do not be afraid that now you are entitled to medical and inpatient treatment.
There are various techniques thanks to which a person has the opportunity to independently cope with this complexity. In extreme cases, you can enlist the support of loved ones who are significant to you or consult a psychotherapist. The only thing - be ready to make efforts for healing and deliverance.
Judge for yourself, the obsession does not last a day or two, and if you decide to fight it, then a long time has passed, during which you decided to look for help. And the modern world is too overloaded with information and events that can distract at any time. And in one task you will not be cured, systematicness is necessary here, if only in order not to fall into this exhausting state again in the future.
Effective Ways to Get Rid of Obsessive Thoughts
Quiet violent fantasy, which runs counter to logic and common sense, so simply does not work. To "reach out" to the subconscious and neutralize the negative attitude, you will need the help of an experienced psychologist, as well as work on yourself.
However, few people who do not know how to get rid of obsessive thoughts go to a specialist with complaints of “cereal in the head” and depression.
If we are talking about deeply personal or intimate experiences for which you have to blush, there will be no visit to the doctor: it is a shame to tell an outsider.
The main work will have to be done independently. For example, like this:
- Set yourself up for complete indifference to negative thoughts. Fighting them is pointless, but you can live. Of course, they will return, but with time they will visit you less and less.
The main thing is patience. With the help of an experienced psychotherapist, you should have enough willpower to maintain complete indifference,
- get rid of negative wordings, replace them with positive statements,
- do not try to fight obsessive thoughts: it is useless. They can be neutralized by indifference. Try switching to vigorous activity. Fill the mind only with positive emotions - and you will see how your life is filled with bright colors, and there simply will not be any place for destructive obsessive thoughts in it!
1. Refusal of struggle
The very first rule in the fight against negative thoughts is not to fight them. Paradoxically, it is. They already take energy, and if you consciously pay attention to them, exaggerating and plunging into complex experiences, not finding any resource and way out in them, you will simply exhaust your body. Do you know the expression: “In order not to think about the white cat, think about the purple dog”? It exists in different variations, but it has one meaning.
Imagine that there is a “delete” button in your head, press it and switch your attention to more pressing matters and pleasant experiences. For example, remember the most pleasant event from childhood, what causes a smile on your face, serenity and touching most of all? You will not notice how anxiety recedes, giving space to other feelings.
A great way to cope with your experiences. Take a sheet and write about what torments you and does not give rest. If you want, draw, and your artistic abilities do not play a role at all, so you should not try to arrange it beautifully and correctly. You can simply mold from improvised materials, ordinary piece of paper, plasticine, clay is perfect. After expressing the painful ideas in a convenient way, listen to yourself, have you precisely written or painted everything you wanted? If so, now is the time to get rid of this obsession. Do not regret it, but tear it into small pieces, throw it in the trash, or burn your creation.
Change of tormenting fantasies and feelings into resources and new opportunities, a zone of proximal development. Yes, it can cause indignation, but think for yourself, if something bothers you for a long time, it means that your subconscious mind is trying to “break through” into your consciousness, and in a not very pleasant and desirable way it gives you a signal. This is what most often occurs in the head? Iron or gas alarm not turned off? Then start developing attention and memory. Then you will definitely know what you turned on or off, and what else you did.
Believe me, this skill will be very useful to you, both at work and in everyday life, relationships. And this article will help you.
Try to pay attention to the exact times at which disturbing thoughts begin to bother you, maybe there is some kind of pattern? For example, before going to bed, or an exciting event? Often our subconscious mind is looking for ways to evade unwanted work, meetings, and more. Yes, at least from admitting to myself that something is tired, that there is no desire to stay next to an already unloved person, to study in the profession chosen by parents and to do something out of habit.
They noticed that watching the fire, looking at the water, we think about what a happy life is and how good it is at the moment? As if everything is pausing around, and it seems that there is only you and the elements? Do you know why this happens? Because the brain, switching attention to all kinds of dynamic processes, believes that the rest is not so significant, that’s why all sorts of sticky and tormenting emotions go away, and that’s why you feel relaxation, a surge of strength and inspiration.
The more often the brain is busy, the less likely it is to have a neurosis.
Therefore, I propose to adopt one technique, as soon as you begin to feel that there are bad thoughts in your head, proceed with the implementation:
- It is necessary to sit comfortably, close your eyes and count each inhale and exhale. That is: "Inhale once, exhale two." When you count to 10, this will count as one cycle. You must do a minimum of three, if you notice that it is not enough, you can continue. It is important only to breathe slowly, fully concentrating on the count, the movements of your chest and sensations.
- Then, when you feel that you have relaxed enough, getting rid of tension in every part of your body, imagine the image that is exhausting, and give free rein to your imagination, destroying it by any means imagined.
I also recommend reading an article about the basics of breathing techniques. It describes a whole program of various methods for relaxation, you can use whatever you like, adding the second part, where you need to deal with a sticky obsession.
6. Physical load
If you are mostly tormented by dissatisfaction with yourself, not ideality and echoes of low self-esteem, for example, that you look not the way you would like, you haven’t reached your desired character and the like, then physical activity will help you. In principle, it helps in any cases when it is just necessary to switch and give the brain the opportunity to relax.
Tired, exhausted - you simply will not be able to torture yourself further, plus a clean apartment, a well-groomed garden or a noticeably thin and tightened body will be a nice bonus.
As an option - sign up for courses, making your dream a reality. For example, to learn to sew elegant dresses or climb rocks, to skate beautifully or to dance tango. When you begin to realize your desires, which you usually did not care about, you will feel happy, and then the level of control of thoughts and, in general, self-claims will decrease.
To get rid of the so-called neurosis on your own, the method of positive affirmations will help you. To do this, first try to unravel the meaning of the ideas that prevent you from living, constantly spinning in your head, and then transform them into positive statements that you will consciously repeat to yourself several times a day. Well, if you go back to the example with the iron turned off, you can reformulate it like this: "I am careful and notice all the details and nuances that surround me."
Detailed instructions on how to compose and use them can be found here. And also get rid of negative formulations, and in general, from the use of particles of "not" in their sentences. And for the success of this action, come up with a punishment, for example, 5 push-ups for each negative wording. You can bet with loved ones in order to increase motivation.
Any methods of positive thinking will bring changes to your life, learn to notice the beautiful and the pleasant in it, and then the consciousness will be rebuilt, stop tormenting with obsessive ideas.
8. Case study
If you want to “look deeper” in order not only to get rid of the consequences, but to find out the root cause of your condition, I suggest trying a paradoxical technique, which consists in a thorough and detailed analysis of each thought. Take a sheet and arrange the so-called brainstorming, that is, write down absolutely everything that is swarming in the head at the moment. You should not give an assessment, just write until you feel that, so to speak, they have “nullified” and dried out a bit, and you can stop there.
Reread it, what feelings do you have on the text? Find frightening phrases, and “play” with them, writing out at least 5 points each, answering the question: “What if?”. Such exercises help to rationally approach the subject of tension and anxiety, as it often happens that emotions are so “overwhelmed”, and a person is not able to realize that sometimes he worries about something that actually does not coincide with reality, and if you look closely, you can see it.
9. Bringing to the absurd
Laughter is the best therapy and an opportunity to dump the accumulated energy, to cope with anxiety, so why not resort to it? Here, for example, you constantly scroll through the situation in your head that a girl on a first date will not like you. Now imagine how much she curls at the sight of you and tries to run away, but falls, gets scared from it even more and so on. Continue until you feel that this situation is really amusing you.
This technique can be difficult for serious people who have forgotten what it is to play and have fun. But if you overcome your resistance, believe me, the result will not be long in coming. I do not call you to frivolity and irresponsibility, it is simply sometimes important to add lightness to your being, and even more so, humor.
10. Set aside
Remember the immortal phrase of Scarlett O`Hara: "I will not think about it now, I will think about it tomorrow"? This is from Gone With the Wind. So, it really works. We do not reject any idea, we simply postpone its thinking until later. And then it ceases to be intrusive, because the mind is calm, you will definitely return to it, only later. And then, perhaps, the voltage level will begin to fall, there will be other urgent matters that require your attention. But in this method it is important to be honest with yourself, otherwise you will cease to trust yourself, so be sure to find time later for realizing precisely those fantasies that poison your life.
- Prayer is suitable for believers, because even scientists have found that when a person prays, sound vibrations make the space harmonious, calm. And if you feel peace and quiet joy, then this will be the best treatment not only for the soul, but also for the body.
- If you have very different views on religion, then you can try meditation. In previous articles, you may have noticed how often I recommend resorting to it, and not in vain, because these methods really work, both on the physical level and on the mental. You can read more here.
- Start the fight against bad habits, especially those that destroy health and kill time.With their help, you will not get rid of obsession, but rather, strengthen it, up to the occurrence of prolonged depression, affective disorders, insomnia and panic attacks.
Describe the situation
Our unconscious is trying to protect us by drawing possible pictures of what can happen so that we can adapt to the situation by surviving it in our imagination. However, this does not mean at all that all our fantasies will come true. Try to describe the situation on paper in order to analyze whether the danger is really great.
Could something good happen instead of a negative scenario? Try to write another, more successful scenario B. Consider in detail how the situation will develop in this case and what you can do to implement the second option. This will allow you to distance yourself from the obsessive scenario A and look at what is happening more soberly.
Mine the field
Panic thoughts are a kind of time bomb, a mechanism that was inherited from distant ancestors.
“Our brain is hypersensitive to any information that it reads as dangerous. This mechanism allowed distant ancestors to survive in much more severe environmental conditions, says Tatiana Pavlova, a cognitive psychologist. - That is why many fears are not a reflection of an objective situation, but only an automatic reaction provoked by the brain, which is primarily focused on survival. Therefore, instead of preparing to repel a probable threat, consider whether the unconscious danger is exaggerating. ”
Often the mind relies only on negative experience. However, we can look at the situation with an open mind. Is something unfavorable already happening or just about to happen? Real and probable events are not identical, but the brain easily replaces these concepts. Think about which of the events of the past can actually be associated with fears?
“Try to celebrate everything that continues to delight you at the moment, because this is the only way to experience life in its entirety,” says clinical psychologist Melanie Greenberg. - If something negative happened in the past, this does not mean at all that the same thing will happen to you in the future.
Sometimes, thinking about something, we focus only on what we think is a potential danger
Try to analyze how much the circumstances of life have changed and you yourself since what happened to you that probably mentally holds you in the past. Many fears stretch from childhood and adolescence. However, now you have more inner strength and the ability to become aware of yourself, to analyze current events and leave the negative experience behind you, moving forward. ”
What are your thoughts
Imagine your thoughts are floating clouds. Some enchant with their beauty, while others, on the contrary, are alarming - suddenly it will rain. Observing the clouds, we guess in them the outlines of a particular image - an animal or a tree. In the same way, you can try to observe the flow of thoughts. As soon as you realize that you are emotionally evaluating the situation as dangerous, call these thoughts “assessment.”
If you are haunted by the idea that you will fail, then her name is “concern.” When you are unhappy with yourself - this is "criticality." In the future, this will help to rise above overwhelming emotions and control the situation, realizing what exactly is happening to you now.
“Now think - do you really want to spend your time evaluating or criticizing yourself?” Asks Melanie Greenberg.
Don't narrow your eyes
Sometimes, thinking about something, we focus only on what we think is a potential danger.
“Internal fear always plays a cruel joke with us and makes us concentrate on what erroneously seems to be a threat to well-being, and does not allow us to assess the situation in its entirety. It is important to see the nuances and details that would play in our favor, ”says Melanie Greenberg. - Answer your question: will the situation be equally significant for you in 5 or 10 years? And if not, is it worth the worry? ”
So that uncontrolled fear, which we are not able to control, does not deprive us of the ability to act, any activity is useful - even cleaning the house or a regular walk with a dog. The main thing is to get up and start moving. A physical action literally frees the mind from the captivity of heavy and powerless thoughts, and it becomes easier to believe in yourself again.
From adversaries to allies
Even if all fears largely reflect the real state of things, constant negative thoughts begin to play against you. For example, you want to get a new job, but you know that they will choose only one candidate out of ten. However, the constant scrolling in the head of the script with a negative result can only demotivate and deprive the desire to even submit a resume. Although the person to whom the choice will fall may well turn out to be you.
“You don’t lose anything,” Tatyana Pavlova reminds. - In case of failure, you remain in the same position as now. But if you manage to overcome self-doubt, you will have a chance to change something. " Focus on what exactly you can do to realize your ideas and desires.
To free your mind from the negative effects of compulsive thinking, read these 11 tips:
- A quiet mind can hear intuition.
- Do not destroy the new day by thinking about yesterday. Just let it go.
- Experience is the main culprit of misfortune.
- Dear mind, please stop thinking at night. I want to sleep.
- Stop the thought mixer because you cannot control everything.
- Rethinking is like sitting in a rocking chair. You seem to be busy with something, but nothing is changing.
- Nothing can bother you like your own thoughts.
- Rethinking is actually the art of creating problems that do not even exist.
- Don't worry about what could go wrong. Be delighted with what can go right.
- Before you exit, try. Sorry before praying. Wait a moment before criticizing. Before you react, think about it. Before you speak, listen.
- You will not be free until you break your false thoughts out of prison.
3 methods to prevent or facilitate obsessive thinking.
1. Remember that awareness is the beginning of change.
Before you begin to celebrate and fight your habit of over-thinking, you must learn to be aware of when this happens. Whenever you feel anxiety, stress or doubt, step back and look at the situation and how you react to it. Remember that the moment of awareness is the beginning of the struggle.
2. Regularly reassure yourself.
Affirmations are statements that can help you let go of negative thoughts.They are useful if you want to set yourself up for a good day in the morning or stop the mind-stirrer at night.
Here are some examples of affirmations:
- “I want to live in the present moment, and also appreciate the beauty of what is happening today.”
- «I will not let my imagination show me disastrous pictures. ”
- “I can decide what I will think about. I will not let my thoughts control me. ”
You can also create your own positive daily affirmations and speak them to yourself by looking in the mirror.
3. The practice of meditation.
Ten-minute meditation is a good way to get rid of obsessive thoughts. It looks like a mirror that allows you to deeply study yourself. You can calm down your wandering mind and get rid of negative thoughts.
1. Be thankful.
You cannot think good and bad at the same time, so why not waste time on gratitude? Make a list of what you are grateful for every morning and every night. Tell us about what you are grateful to your loved one, may you have a witness that there are many wonderful things in your life.
2. Remind yourself of the best in yourself.
The fear that causes the mind-stirrer is often based on the fact that you are not good enough - not smart enough, not hardworking, or not respected enough. But while doing your best, do not forget that success may depend on some things that you cannot control. You did what you could.
4. Awareness is the beginning of change.
Before you can break the habit of thinking too much, you need to learn to be aware of it when this happens. Every time you doubt or feel tension or anxiety, step back and look at the situation and how you react. So you can stop the flow of negative thoughts.
5. Do not be afraid that something will go wrong.
In many cases, excessive thinking is caused by one emotion: fear. When you focus on all the negative things that can happen, it can be paralyzed. The next time you feel that you are starting a mental spiral in this direction, stop. Visualize everything that can go right, and keep these thoughts and go.
9. Do not expect perfection.
It is important. All who expect perfection from themselves or from others, stop. Ambition is not bad, but the pursuit of excellence is unrealistic, impractical and grueling. The moment you start to think: “It should be perfect”, this is the moment when you need to remind yourself: “The expectation of perfection is not as productive as progress.”
10. Think about the prospects.
The brain easily makes things more intimidating and more negative than they should be. The next time you start making an elephant out of a fly, ask yourself if it will matter in five years. Or, for that matter, next month. Just this simple time-varying question can help stop obsessive thinking.
An experience is something that can happen to anyone. But if you have a working system to deal with it, you can at least escape from negative, anxious, stressful thinking and turn it into something useful, productive and effective. Use her!
And you do not suffer from obsessive thoughts?