Acute and chronic pathologies in the organs of the urinary system cause discomfort, disrupt fluid outflow, and worsen the general condition. A frequent complaint of patients of different ages - kidneys hurt.
What to do at home? What medicines and herbs are effective in treating diseases that cause pathological processes and pain in the kidneys? How to prevent new attacks? Answers in the article.
Probable Causes of Kidney Pain
Negative symptoms in the kidneys are a consequence of infectious and inflammatory diseases. Often, discomfort develops against the background of malfunctions in the body, pathologies of neighboring organs.
The main causes of pain:
- urolithiasis disease,
- renal colic,
- gynecological and urological diseases,
- renal failure (acute and chronic),
- kidney cyst
- malfunctioning of the urinary system during pregnancy,
- high load on the kidneys with improper nutrition, the use of low quality water,
Learn how to provide first aid for renal colic and how to further treat the disease.
Read about the causes of urolithiasis in men and the treatment of pathology at this address.
How to understand that kidneys hurt
How to understand that kidneys hurt? The following symptoms of an aching kidney indicate the malfunction of important organs of the urinary system:
- pain in the lower back
- in the acute stage of many diseases, discomfort is felt in the groin, legs, upper abdomen,
- often pain radiates to the bladder, genital area,
- urine tests worsen. Often, during a physical examination, doctors identify pathologies that a person does not pay attention to in a chronic course, mild negative symptoms,
- dark circles appear under the eyes, swelling of the legs, face,
- hypertension often develops (pressure rises),
- blood clots appear in the urine,
- often thirsty, decreased appetite,
- urine color often changes: the liquid darkens, becomes cloudy, "flakes" appear,
- with urolithiasis, sand is noticeable in the urine, small stones of irregular shape,
- weakness appears, drowsiness develops,
- the volume of discharge during emptying of the bladder decreases markedly,
- urination is difficult, often there is a burning sensation, discomfort,
- with the activation of the inflammatory process, the temperature rises, in some cases - up to +39 degrees,
- sometimes vision deteriorates, rashes appear on the body.
The right treatment
Various external and internal factors provoke pain in the kidneys, so there is no general approach to treatment. First of all, it should be clarified that the frequent appearance of this uncomfortable sensation signals a pathology developing in the body. The urinary system does not always become the place of its localization. Pain in the kidneys - symptoms of gynecological and endocrine diseases, the inflammatory process in one of the departments of the musculoskeletal system. The same clinical manifestation is characteristic of the accumulation of harmful mineral compounds, toxins, and slags in paired organs.
If patients experience discomfort no more than once a month, then nephrologists recommend making adjustments to their usual lifestyle:
- increase physical activity, but avoid serious physical exertion,
- exclude from the diet foods that include fats, a large amount of salt and spices,
- in the absence of morning and evening swelling of the face and ankles, at least two liters of still water should be consumed daily,
- tea and coffee to replace with infusion of chamomile and rose hips,
- purchase in a pharmacy and start a course intake of multivitamins with macro- and microelements.
When the pain arose suddenly, and its intensity makes the person moan or scream, an ambulance team should be called urgently. It is possible that a person began to move stone. If the calculus is large, and its edges are sharp, then the integrity of the ducts and (or) blood vessels will be violated. This condition will lead to severe bleeding and can be fatal.
If the back hurts in the area of the kidneys, then it is impossible to experiment, to replace drug therapy with herbal medicine. The use of dubious methods sometimes ends tragically.
Pills for stopping the inflammatory process:
With low efficiency, these drugs are replaced with stronger antibiotics: Cephalexime, Amoxicillin.
To dissolve and remove sand, stones, tablets are prescribed:
The effect of drugs in urolithiasis: lower the concentration of uric acid, dissolve urates. Effective formulations reduce the acidity of urine, facilitate the removal of stones in a natural way.
Folk remedies and recipes
Herbalists recommend a lot of fees based on medicinal plants for dissolving and removing salts. All herbal remedies can be used only with the permission of the attending physician. The use of inappropriate plants often worsens the urinary system. In no case should you replace the tablets with the use of alternative medicines.
- flaxseed decoction. Take a teaspoon of healthy raw materials and 200 ml of boiling water, boil for 2 minutes, insist for forty minutes,
- decoction of rosehip root. Boil 2 tbsp. l raw materials (water - 350 ml) for 10 minutes, allow the liquid to infuse for half an hour,
- Birch juice. Take healing fluid daily for two weeks in a third of a glass twice a day,
- infusion of carrot seeds. Proportions and method of preparation, as for a healthy flaxseed drink,
- bearberry infusion. To make tea you will need 20 g of plant material and 300 ml of boiling water,
- tea from lingonberry leaves. It’s easy to prepare a healthy drink: in a thermos, steam a tablespoon of leaves, take 250 ml of boiling water,
- pumpkin in any form daily. The largest percentage of nutrients is stored in baked pumpkin. With this cooking method, the body easily assimilates the product,
- decoction of chamomile. Take half a liter of boiling water a couple of tablespoons of useful flowers,
- horsetail infusion. Boiling water - 250 ml, vegetable raw materials - 1 tsp,
- renal collection. Nettle - 40 g, shepherd's bag, juniper fruits, rose hips and bearberry - 20 g each, flowers and sweet clover grass - 6 g each. Add 120 g dried rose hips. At 2 tbsp. l a mixture of 1 liter of boiling water is enough. In a thermos infusion is ready after 3 hours,
- herbal decoction with fir oil. Components: lemon balm, oregano, knotweed, sage - 20 g each, the same amount of fir oil,
- decoction of St. John's wort and centaury. 300 ml of boiling water - a teaspoon of herbs,
- cucumber fasting days spend a couple of times a week. Eat 1.5 kg of juicy vegetables per day.
Diet and nutrition rules
- liquid - 2.5 l, not less than
- refusal of spicy, fried, pepper dishes,
- minimum salt
- do not eat a lot of offal, protein food, meat, fish,
- useful light soups on a vegetable broth,
- a good option is a milk and vegetable diet,
- for each patient, the doctor develops an individual nutrition plan taking into account the chemical composition of kidney stones, if solid formations are detected,
- you can’t drink alcohol, soda, juice from packages,
- ready-made sauces, ketchups, canned goods, sausages are not useful,
- it is harmful to drink coffee, strong black tea: drinks increase pressure.
When conservative treatment does not help
Some diseases cannot be treated at home due to the low effectiveness of many methods. The use of herbal decoctions, the daily use of painkillers interferes with the proper treatment of purulent inflammation in the kidneys and bladder.
In severe forms of diseases, exacerbation of urolithiasis, abscesses, surgical treatment is required, including urgent. The choice of type of surgical intervention is carried out by a urologist after a thorough examination of the patient, study of tests, ultrasound.
Learn about the causes of urolithiasis in women, as well as the prevention of the disease.
Effective treatments for acute renal failure in men are written at this address.
On the page http://vseopochkah.com/bolezni/pielonefrit/hronicheskij-u-zhenshin.html read about the treatment of chronic pyelonephritis in women at home.
The surgeon's help is needed in the following cases:
- exacerbation of purulent pyelonephritis, urolithiasis when blocking ducts,
- proliferation of a purulent cyst of a large kidney,
- detection of fibroma, adenoma, malignant neoplasm,
- development of an extensive abscess of the right kidney,
Kidney pain during pregnancy
Discomfort develops with an exacerbation of chronic pyelonephritis, a severe form of urolithiasis, and renal colic. Among the reasons: hypothermia, inflammatory processes, infections, malnutrition, impaired blood circulation in the kidneys.
Sharp pain affects the right side, lower back, reaches the genitals. With a severe form of the pathological process, complications, a violation of the course of pregnancy, a negative effect on the fetus are possible.
With the development of pain, it is important to consult a gynecologist and a nephrologist in time. Uncontrolled use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory compounds is prohibited. It is important to treat the disease, against which the pain in the kidneys appears. One of the dangerous complications in advanced cases is a purulent abscess.
With renal colic, premature birth is possible. In acute pain, it is important to call an ambulance to preserve the health of the mother and fetus.
Why do kidneys hurt? How to recognize the symptoms of kidney disease? How to get rid of a pain syndrome? Find out the answers after watching the following video:
What to do next
If the kidneys are sore, it is necessary to conduct a differential diagnosis and find out the cause of the discomfort.
To do this, you must come to the urologist’s appointment, who during an internal examination can exclude another pathology that causes pain, prescribe the necessary diagnostic measures, primarily a clinical analysis of blood and urine to identify the inflammatory process.
This will be evidenced by blood in the urine, a high content of white blood cells, protein, cylinders and salts from which stones are formed. Stone is the main cause of severe pain in the groin, back, and lower back.
It blocks or significantly complicates the passage of fluid through the urethra, there is a violation of the outflow of urine, waste products are not excreted from the body and, accumulating in it, contribute to its poisoning and the development of renal failure.
This condition is so dangerous that it can get to organ failure and, as a result, to death.
Diseases associated with pathologies of the urinary system should be dealt only by a specialist, since improper treatment of the inflammatory process can lead to the development of chronic diseases (pyelo-, glomerulonephritis, etc.), then the disease will need to be treated for life.
The course of the disease will depend on many provoking factors (such as drinking alcohol, hypothermia, and infections of the genitourinary system).
The pressure on the urinary system during pregnancy also increases, when it is forced to filter urine more intensively and withstand the weight of the fetus.At this time, it is necessary to carefully monitor the volume of drunk and excreted fluid in order to avoid edema and the development of kidney pathologies.
If the kidneys suddenly fall ill, then antispasmodics become the most effective drugs for eliminating uncomfortable sensations. Nephrologists classify them as follows:
- neurotropic - Atropine, Scopolamine, Metacin. Medicines block the transmission of nerve impulses to the smooth muscle of the internal organs,
- myotropic - Mebeverin, Drotaverin, Otilonia bromide. Drugs act directly on smooth muscle fibers, contributing to their relaxation.
Antispasmodics are used for pain caused by pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, acute and chronic renal failure, and other diseases. The doctor may prescribe to the patient and combined agents with greater therapeutic effectiveness. In addition to an ingredient with antispasmodic activity, they include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or analgesics. Most often for the relief of pain in the kidneys of varying severity, Spazmalgon, Spazgan, Bral, Revalgin are used.
To eliminate pain in the kidneys, antispasmodics are used - Drotaverin or No-shpa
This group of drugs has a diverse effect on the human body. A single dose of a capsule, dragee, or tablet reduces the temperature, relieves pain and inflammation. With some pathologies of the kidneys (acute renal failure, hydronephrosis, nephroptosis), the use of these drugs is important. In order not to suffer from aching or cutting pains, you need to drink a tablet of any analgesic-antipyretic:
- Paracetamol (Panadol, Efferalgan).
This type of drug can also include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. NSAIDs quickly penetrate into the systemic circulation, and their maximum therapeutic concentration in it persists for several hours. The most effective are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
NSAIDs are not used to treat renal colic in a patient with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - gastritis and ulcerative lesions. In the absence of such pathologies, drugs should be taken in combination with proton pump inhibitors Omeprazole, Ultop, Nolpaza.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs successfully cure kidney pain
With colic, drugs such as Tramoline, Veralgan, Metamizole, Mabron, Toradol are usually prescribed.
In the presence of an inflammatory process, Aminoglycosides, Macropen, Erythromycin, Fluoroquinolones will help.
You can help cope with a cyst with the help of herbal antiseptics Fitolizin and Kanefron.
Knowing how to treat kidney pain, you can not only alleviate the condition, but also reduce the likelihood of further spread of the disease.
Elimination of pain after drinking alcohol
After penetration into the gastrointestinal tract, ethyl alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream and hepatocytes enter the liver cells for further processing. Ethanol is cleaved to the toxic compound of acetaldehyde, and then to acetic acid. These organic substances accumulate in the nephrons, irritating them, destroying cells and tissues.
When the kidneys hurt after drinking alcohol, then most likely the pathological process that signals in a similar way develops in the body. So the following diseases manifest themselves:
How to treat back pain
- chronic pyelonephritis,
- renal failure
- urolithiasis disease,
- renal dystrophy,
- formed malignant tumors in the kidneys or adrenal glands.
Ethyl alcohol has a pronounced diuretic activity, therefore, under the influence of alcoholic beverages, it can move and begin to recede a kidney stone or sand. This often causes painful renal colic. Regular consumption of ethyl alcohol reduces the body's resistance to bacterial pathogens, worsens the condition of large and small vessels that supply blood to the kidneys. It is not surprising that they become the object of infection and development:
The kidney partially loses its ability to filter, concentrate and excrete urine. Lack of fluid reduces the functional activity of paired organs. If the right or left kidney hurts in the morning after a fun feast, then in addition to taking an antispasmodic or analgesic, you need to take the following actions:
- use adsorbents to bind the alcohol remaining in the blood and stomach - Polysorb, Polyphepan, Smecta, activated carbon,
- take a couple of capsules of any hepatoprotector to reduce the load on the liver - Essential Forte, Essliver Forte, Carsil, Liv-52.
The use of alcohol provokes severe intoxication of the body, contributes to the development of water-salt imbalance. To replenish the reserves of fluid and microelements necessary for all vital systems, it is necessary to drink a rehydration solution - Regidron, Hydrovit, Trisol.
To eliminate renal pain, in some cases, nephrologists resort to antibiotic therapy
Kidneys hurt - what to do at home? If the attack comes unexpectedly, first aid is needed. To get started, call an ambulance crew. Then the patient needs to take a comfortable position: lying or sitting. At the same time, breathe calmly without making sharp breaths. It is recommended to apply heat to the lower back. If the pain is not severe, you can try to take a warm shower. The main thing is to be warm, not hot.
Pain often occurs with exacerbation of chronic pathologies - glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, renal failure. The reason for this is the growth and active reproduction of pathogenic bacteria, staphylococci, streptococci, E. coli. In this case, stopping the pain will allow course treatment with antibiotics. Nephrologists prescribe the following drugs to patients:
- semisynthetic penicillins - Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Oxacillin,
- penicillins protected by clavulanic acid - Amoxiclav, Panclave, Flemoclav,
- macrolides - Azithromycin, Clarithromycin,
- fluoroquinolones - Ofloxacin, Norfloxacin,
- cephalosporins - cephalexin, cefuroxime, cefotaxime.
In the treatment of renal diseases, antimicrobials and sulfonamides are used - Co-trimoxazole, Biseptol, Trichopol, Metronidazole. The dosage and duration of the course of treatment is determined by the nephrologist. When prescribing antibacterial agents, it takes into account the degree of damage to the renal structures, the type of infectious pathogen, and the general health of the patient. As a rule, the severity of pain decreases by 2-3 days of antibiotic therapy.
Nitrofurans also have antibacterial properties: Furazolidone, Furadonin. Despite the fact that they cannot be attributed to modern drugs, many pathogens have not developed resistance to them. The course of nitrofurans eliminates renal pain, relieves inflammation, and destroys infectious pathogens.
The main signs of urolithiasis
The following criteria help determine the disease:
- Bilateral or unilateral dull pain in the back or lower back,
- Severe attacks in the lower abdomen and groin,
- After discharge of stones in the bladder - itching and burning when urinating,
- Syndrome "laying" - increased pain in the back with a change in body position,
- High blood pressure
- Turbidity of the urine and the appearance of blood impurities after exercise.
An increase in temperature to 40 degrees is not a specific symptom of kidney disease, but indicates an infectious lesion (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis). It is important to identify the disease in the initial stages in order to treat the disease in a timely manner.
Many people panic, what to do when the kidneys are sore at home? First you need to adjust the power. To rule out symptoms, you must adhere to the following rules:
- reduce protein intake
- increase calorie intake,
- reduce the amount of salt consumed,
- Periodically hold fasting days.
You should avoid the consumption of cheeses, smoked meats, sausages, pickles, chocolate, mushrooms and meat broths. A little need to reduce cocoa, sea fish, nuts and cottage cheese.
Pay attention to the following products:
- vegetable soups
- jelly juice
- fruits and berries,
- vegetable oil.
On unloading days, it is better to use either one product or a combination of several.
How to reliably determine
To determine how the kidneys hurt, we suggest considering the symptom of Pasternatsky. It is positive for urolithiasis. The essence of the syndrome is that when a palm edge hits the kidney area, the stones become mobile, so there is an increase in pain in the lower back.
However, there are kidney diseases in which Pasternatsky’s symptom is negative. For example, glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis are not manifested by pain in the lumbar region.
In a standard situation, you can recognize the disease by the presence of symptoms:
- Kidney pain
- Itching when urinating
- Darkening of urine and the appearance of blood impurities in it.
Only with a combination of these signs can we assume that the pathological symptoms are due to renal pathology.
What diseases there is pain in the kidneys:
- Osteocondritis of the spine,
- Premenstrual syndrome in women,
- The beginning of labor pains
- Inflammation of the appendages
How to recognize and treat acute tracheitis
In conclusion, recall the anatomy. Knowing the basics of organ location helps establish where the kidneys hurt. They are paired structures of the urinary system located on both sides of the spinal column in the lumbar region.
Why do they hurt in the morning
Pain symptoms and signs are varied and can occur in the mornings, evenings, or throughout the working day. Unpleasant sensations appear even when a person changes position (from horizontal to vertical).
Why does kidney pain occur in the morning:
- Pyelonephritis - inflammation of the kidney tissue,
- Glomerulonephritis - inflammatory changes in the tubules and glomeruli,
- Polycystic - the formation of cysts in the kidney tissue,
- Nephroptosis - prolapse of the kidney,
- Appendicitis is an inflammatory change in the appendix.
A pain symptom in the morning with urolithiasis occurs due to the fact that the stone begins to move when the body position changes. The severity of pain significantly depends on the size of the calculus: the larger it is, the greater the pain in the lower back.
Against the background of renal colic, the pain syndrome occurs not only in the morning, but can also be determined throughout the day. A pain attack occurs when an obstruction of the urinary tract obstructs.
To ease the pain, you need to drink cranberry tea, eat lingonberries, watermelons. They provoke an exacerbation of smoked kidney diseases, milk drinks, salt and spicy foods.
If you eliminate them, you can get rid of morning pain.
During pregnancy, you need to take into account the increased fetal pressure on the bladder and urinary system. Due to compression of the enlarged uterus of the kidney area, stagnant changes occur.Against the background of a violation of blood supply, the risk of bacterial infections - glomerulonephritis and pyelonephritis increases.
When deciding what to do during pregnancy, the gynecologist must find out the causes of the disease. You need to understand that swelling under the eyes, varicose veins of the lower extremities when bearing a child can lead to toxicosis and the threat of termination of pregnancy.
In any case, pain in the kidney area during pregnancy should be treated in the initial stages, since with advanced pathology it is often difficult to save the life of not only the fetus, but also the woman. In general, be careful about the above symptoms of kidney disease. In the presence of at least one of the signs - immediately to the doctor.
Early symptoms of kidney disease
The nature and etiology of kidney pain
Many take the common lower back pain as signs of kidney ailments, but in fact the body is located slightly above the lumbar region - under the ribs of the lower row. Unpleasant sensations can be felt constantly and have a pulling, aching, stitching character, or appear sharply in the form of attacks with sharp severe pains.
How to treat: general principles
Talking about what to do when the kidneys are sore, one cannot exclude the general principles of getting rid of renal pathology:
- Limit coffee and strong tea
- With oxalates in the urine, salads, rhubarb, sorrel and tomatoes should be excluded
- Exclude table salt from food,
- Physical activity and sudden movements are contraindicated,
- You can not delay with clinical and laboratory tests, as they allow you to establish how to treat pain in the kidney area.
Kidney stones can be treated at home with herbal preparations: kidney tea, half-fallen, field horsetail, juniper. These infusions have an antispasmodic and diuretic effect.
How to treat from drugs:
About what to do with renal diseases folk remedies and tablets, read below.
Before figuring out the causes of kidney pain, you should make sure that this syndrome is caused precisely by renal pathology.
This can be determined by the following conditions:
- Pain occurs in the back above the lumbar at the navel. It can give to the right or left side (areas of the affected organ).
- Painful sensations intensify if standing on your feet, rise to your toes, and then abruptly drop to the whole foot.
It is impossible to confuse renal pain with another, especially if there are such concomitant symptoms:
- rapid, often false urge to empty the bladder,
- oliguria - reduction in the amount of urine excreted,
- rare and difficult urination, accompanied by pain and burning,
- foreign matter in urine - mucus, pus, blood,
- dark urine, the appearance of a sharp unpleasant odor,
- the appearance of edema (especially in the morning).
It's important to know! The symptoms of Pasternatsky help determine how kidneys hurt. The method consists in the fact that when an edge of the palm hits the area of localization of the kidneys, the intensity of the pain intensifies. This indicates the presence of calculi in the organ and the development of nephrolithiasis.
Signs of kidney pain, or lower back pain
All signs of kidney pain should be divided into 4 groups:
- Functional - in violation of excretory function,
- Inflammatory - provoked by a bacterial infection,
- Congenital - due to changes in the genetic apparatus,
- Destructive - urolithiasis.
To determine the symptoms of renal pathology, it is necessary to highlight the main diseases leading to pain in the kidney area:
- Nephroptosis is a prolapse of the kidneys, which in the initial stages does not manifest itself with clinical signs, but with a low location of the organ, renal failure and disability are formed,
- Jade is an infectious disease caused by streptococci. It occurs after a sore throat.Against the background of the disease, a person has signs of a bacterial infection: fever, swelling, changes in blood pressure, specific changes in urine and blood tests,
- Urolithiasis - accompanied by the formation of stones of the urinary system. With the disease, renal colic forms, which is manifested by a strong pain syndrome in the area of localization of the kidneys. The duration of the pathology is from several hours to a couple of days,
- Tumor - can not be traced at an early stage. Signs of pathology: weakness, anemia, lethargy, fever, weight loss, drop in blood pressure.
When the kidneys hurt, you need to quickly and correctly determine what to treat in order to prevent disability.
First of all, you need to know that renal pathologies in the early stages do not have symptoms. In addition to unpleasant pain in the lumbar region, there are no other specific manifestations. Vivid signs appear as the process progresses, which makes them not only common, but also dangerous for patients. So, the kidney hurts with the following diseases or injuries:
- urolithiasis disease,
- renal arteriosclerosis,
- organ artery thrombosis,
- kidney cyst
- benign tumors and cancer,
- congenital malformations of the kidneys,
- vesicoureteral reflux,
- organ injuries - bruises, tears, severe injuries,
- tuberculosis of the kidneys.
Pain can occur in patients at any age: in a girl during menstruation (give down the abdomen), in a woman during pregnancy (especially in the last trimester), infants, adolescents. Timely contacting specialists and carrying out adequate therapy will help to avoid complications and maintain health for many years.
Kidney pain - how to treat
When renal colic occurs, consult with your doctor to find out how to treat it. At home, we recommend the following recipes:
- Limit your salt intake,
- Use diuretic and antispasmodic herbs,
- Drink drinks from lingonberry, mint, celandine and St. John's wort,
- Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day.
For urolithiasis or lower back pain when chilling, we recommend a combination recipe based on madder dye, lingonberry and bearberry. The mixture should be poured with a glass of boiling water, insist for a day and take 2 cups a day.
Bearberry has a good effect on kidney stone disease. The plant also cures inflammatory diseases of the bladder and urinary tract. To eliminate the pathology, you need to prepare the following recipe:
- Grind bearberry leaves into powder,
- Pour 100 grams of the mixture with a liter of boiling water,
- Insist 30 minutes
- Then strain
- Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
Important principles for treating kidney disease
Drinking regimen is the basic basis for the treatment of renal pathology. In the very early stages of the disease, when the presence of stones, inflammation or prolapse of the right or left kidney is not yet established, water helps prevent the development of pathology.
Drinking regimen was the basis for the treatment of renal pathology in antiquity. Globally, fluid should leach sand and reduce the amount of toxic substances in the blood.
After clinical studies, it was found that most of the people with kidney stones belong to the category of meat product lovers.
If they consume little fluid during the day, the risk of acid stones - urate, is increased. However, it is difficult to imagine a healthy person’s diet without meat.
Clinical studies have shown that vegetarians cover protein intake with herbal ingredients, but it is not possible to maintain normal levels of iron in the blood based on herbal substances.
They contain bivalent Fe in low concentrations, and for the formation of red blood cells, trivalent is needed. They are saturated with animal products.
Based on the above information, it is obvious that pain in the lumbar region can only be cured by combined methods.
Classification of Kidney Diseases
Self-medication is unacceptable! Folk remedies are used only after consulting a doctor.
Renal pain: how not to be confused with other pathologies
As the practice of general practitioners shows, kidney pain can indicate impaired activity of other organs or systems. To determine what pathology gives the pain syndrome, doctors conduct differential diagnosis and prescribe mandatory and additional research procedures.
What the pain says
If the kidneys hurt, then you can not postpone a visit to the doctor, because complicated conditions are dangerous. Not every pain in the perinephric region speaks of a disease of the kidneys.
Drawing pains and discomfort in the kidneys can be a sign of impaired functionality of individual organs and systems when they work poorly:
- Musculoskeletal system,
- Nervous system,
- Reproductive system
- The organs of the abdominal cavity.
How to determine that the kidneys hurt, and not some other organ. Attention should be paid to such signs:
- The pain spreads on the back, pulls in the lower back,
- When urinating, it burns at the outlet of the urethra, it is too rare or too often to urinate, too much single urination, blood clots appear in the urine, it acquires a bright yellow or reddish color,
- In the mornings, the eyes and the whole face swell, and in the evening, the legs and arms swell, because the kidneys poorly remove fluid from the body,
- The skin is covered with an allergic rash, due to the fact that toxic substances accumulate in the blood,
- The taste is lost, the mouth smells of ammonia,
- Often fever, vomiting, vomiting, fatigue,
- Appetite decreases, weight loss occurs,
- Vision worsens.
If a person has pain in the kidneys, you must first go to a therapist, then visit a nephrologist or urologist, who will prescribe a urine, blood test, X-ray or ultrasound of the kidneys to make an accurate diagnosis.
If necessary, the urologist will prescribe a tomography of both kidneys or only one.
Although it has long been proven that even if only one hurts, it means that changes occur in both. If the stone is only in the left kidney, the right kidney has already begun to suffer, although now there is no stone in it at all.
If there is a suspicion of kidney stones, you need to start the process of monitoring the state of urine. To do this, each urination should be carried out not in the toilet, but in a prepared clean jar.
This must be done so that it is possible to observe a change in the color of urine, its transparency, the presence of foreign elements in the form of sand.
After a week's observation, it will be possible to tell the doctor, in comparison, the daily urine rate of 1 act, whether there is a color change, whether the precipitate remains at the bottom of the can.
With these data, you can safely go to the doctor, a preliminary diagnosis will be made. Before visiting a urologist, women should get an appointment with a gynecologist to rule out problems in the reproductive system.
If the pain is tolerable, without a febrile state, you need to sign up to the doctor in order to describe his condition to him, get advice on the treatment of the disease and further behavior.
There are kidney diseases in which in no case can you hesitate, otherwise you can lose a kidney.
Why do kidneys hurt?
This question can only be answered by a doctor in each case, according to the results of various tests. Pain in the back and lower back can simply mean muscle cramps.
The area of the kidney hurts in case of a bruise, the presence of sand or stones in it, there may be an infection in the kidneys that provokes severe pain.
Sometimes you can distinguish between back pain and kidney pain by the fact that if you compress the kidney area and the pain subsides, it looks like pyelonephritis, but if the pain remains the same or even intensifies with pressure, then this is associated with spasms of the back muscles.
Quite often, pain in the kidney area occurs at night, when it is impossible to even turn on its side and it is difficult to raise the leg, this suggests that the spine actually hurts with osteochondrosis.
If the patient notices that he wakes up at night from pain in the kidneys, and during the day she does not let go, she can also be described as dull, then this is similar to urolithiasis, urolithiasis, pyelonephritis and diabetes.
If a person has a kidney stone disease, then her symptoms will tell about it right away:
- Dull pain, either on one side only or on both sides, immediately exhausts the patient, intensifies if a person tries to stand up or sit down, physically strains.
- Attacks of acute lower back pain are called renal colic. It ceases to hurt if the stone sinks into the bladder.
- Urination can be painful and discrete, this happens when the stones begin to recede. This process can be completed only by a change in body position.
- Blood pressure rises regularly.
- The urine is always cloudy, and sometimes pieces of blood stain it in a noticeably reddish color if the patient is physically overstrained or has survived an attack of pain.
Causes of the disease
It is important to know the cause of kidney pain. This will provide the most effective first aid, eliminating the possibility of harm. Painful sensations in a paired organ can occur as a result of congenital and acquired diseases, malformations, tumors, diseases of an infectious nature, as well as a consequence of the formation of stones.
There are false pains in the kidneys, the causes of which include:
- acute appendicitis,
- prostate adenoma,
- inflammation of the prostate gland,
- herniated disc
- osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine,
- trauma to organs located near the kidneys.
Only the specialist can establish the main cause of painful sensations, having carried out a number of necessary diagnostic procedures.
First aid for kidney pain: what to do and how to treat?
Pain in the kidney can be of a different nature (stitching, dull, paroxysmal) and differ in location (back, groin, stomach). You can relieve pain in the kidney and cure the inflammatory process in various ways, which ones - only a qualified specialist will help to figure it out.
Symptoms of kidney disease
When the kidneys hurt, this can be one of the symptoms of a serious illness. Often there are accompanying signs:
- Swelling of the face, neck, arms (especially the areas under the eyes).
- Frequent urination, in which pain appears in the kidneys, along the entire length of the urethra or in the bladder.
- Burning in the kidneys, clouding of urine, staining it in orange, the appearance of an impurity of blood in it, pus. In this case, body temperature often rises, especially when signs of pyelonephritis or urolithiasis are observed.
- Pain often occurs in the morning, especially if the disease has arisen due to hypothermia.
- Pain and a feeling of heaviness in the lower back can occur both on the left and on the right side. This often indicates the presence of calculus in one of the pelvis.
- Pain in both organs at the same level at once - this condition is a consequence of the prolapse of one of the kidneys.
- The kidneys are very sore - it can be renal colic. To confirm this, Pasternatsky’s symptom will help. You need to put your palm on the lumbar region and with your second hand lightly hit the arm or press the lower back with your palm strongly. If the cause of the pain is a kidney disease, it will respond with an attack of acute pain radiating to the perineum, abdomen.
- A gray skin tone or a combination of a gray complexion with puffiness and cyanosis under the lower eyelids also suggests that it is a kidney.
Features of pain
Features of the sensations are directly dependent on the disease that caused the onset of renal pain.
- Kidney stone disease. With the onset of pain, low-grade fever is noted. A person feels weak. Blood streaks may appear in the urine. The complete closure of the ureter is indicated by weakness, up to loss of consciousness, dizziness, nausea with episodes of vomiting, diarrhea.
- Glomerulonephritis. Sharp cuts, localization - often from two sides. Over time, swelling (in the morning), high blood pressure, a decrease in the volume of excreted urine, and the presence of streaks of blood in the urine are noted.
- Pyelonephritis. Both bilateral and unilateral localization of pain is possible. There is an increase in temperature, swelling, nausea with episodes of vomiting.
Symptoms characteristic of a particular kidney disease, as well as features of pain, will help to identify the root cause of pain in the kidneys and provide the most correct first aid.
First aid for kidney pain
If there is pain in the kidney area, the first thing to do is call an ambulance team. Only a specialist will be able to provide the most effective help, based on the symptoms.
The algorithm for the provision of first aid:
- Make sure that the pain is localized in the kidneys.
- Provide peace.
- The body position is horizontal with a slightly raised lower back.
- If the cause is urolithiasis, it is recommended to apply a warm heating pad to the area of the paired organ. Also, if possible, take a warm bath.
- With severe pain, take antispasmodic drugs (Papaverine, No-spa).
When providing first aid in most cases, taking pain medication is strictly prohibited. The relief of pain will smear the clinical picture, which will complicate further diagnosis.
In the relief of renal pain, recipes of traditional medicine are widely used. The most effective are:
- all day eat only wheat porridge cooked in water. The water on which porridge was boiled must be drunk. Repeat once a week,
- eat up to two and a half kilograms of watermelon daily. It’s most effective to use it while sitting in a warm bath,
- decoction of blackberry root. Take three times a day in the amount of one hundred milliliters,
- decoction of grass celandine. A glass of broth before meals, twice a day,
- decoction of pharmacy chamomile, lemon balm and mint. A single dose, volume - one glass,
- poultices on the kidney area can be heated with olive oil applied to the dressing,
- crushed flaxseed night compress,
- a decoction of the roots of wild rose. Up to five times a day in half a glass.
Despite the effectiveness of the recipes, before using any remedy, you must consult your doctor. The specialist will identify possible risks and select the most useful recipe.
Compliance with diet is a prerequisite for effective treatment. All products can be divided into allowed and prohibited. The allowed include:
- vegetables - after heat treatment (stewing, baking, boiling) and fresh,
- cereals, pasta,
- fruits, berries,
- dairy products,
- jelly, compote, broth, weak coffee, tea.
Strongly not recommended:
- onions, garlic, spicy, spicy dishes,
- radish, mushrooms,
- meat, poultry (meat broths), offal,
- nuts, dried fruits.
If kidney pain is a consequence of kidney stone disease, then the list of allowed and prohibited foods will depend on the composition of the stones.
|Allowed||Porridge, beekeeping products, dried fruits, wholemeal flour products, potatoes.||Meat, poultry, fish.||Brown bread, cereals: buckwheat, oatmeal, eggplant, cauliflower, prunes, beans, pumpkin.|
|Prohibited||Fish, meat, canned foods.||Dairy products, milk, fruit (berry) compotes, juices, jelly.||Sorrel, spinach, coffee, cocoa, chocolate, blackcurrant, radish, citrus fruits.|
In more detail, he will acquaint with the features of the diet for renal pathologies, as well as provide an approximate menu, the attending physician.
If there is pain in the kidneys, a visit to a specialist is mandatory. Timely diagnosis will allow you to quickly and effectively cope with the disease. The main principle of the treatment of renal pathologies is complexity. Treatment is carried out with such drugs:
In order to prevent the development of kidney disease, much attention needs to be paid to prevention. To warn is always easier than to treat. Mobility, physical activity, a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition, as well as timely medical examination will reduce the risk of kidney pain to a minimum.
Kidney treatment at home
At home, they are treated with infusions of herbs, decoctions of rhizomes, homeopathic medicines. Tinctures of birch leaves, bearberry, stigmas of corn, licorice root and celery perfectly cope with the inflammatory process, promote the dissolution of stones and have a diuretic effect.
Drink such decoctions in a quarter cup 3-4 times a day. If the kidneys began to hurt from the cold, then decoctions of linden and chamomile, as well as a warm compress on the lumbar region, will save the pain. Homeopathic remedies include tinctures for alcohol from herbs.
Kidney pain treatment at home
Pain in the kidneys or in the kidneys themselves is one of the most unpleasant, persistent and severe, but do not despair. If you wondered if your kidneys hurt what to do at home, then you will definitely find the answer later in the article.
The kidneys can get sick for a variety of reasons, and the pain will vary.
Kidney pains should not be ignored, and when they occur, you should immediately seek advice and the appointment of specialized treatment to your doctor.
What causes kidney pain
There are no pain receptors directly in the renal tissue itself, but the renal capsule is rich in pain or baroreceptors, which are excited when the pressure and stretching of the capsule change.
The pain occurs with edema of the renal tissue, it begins to stretch the capsule and the so-called visceral pain occurs, which is difficult to clearly localize. Most often, a sick person complains of a drawing pain in the lumbar region and cannot accurately indicate the localization of pain.
In other cases, pain occurs due to urolithiasis, such pain is called renal colic.
When moving a stone from the renal pelvis system into the lumen of the ureter, severe pain often occurs. Renal colic is characterized by acute and extremely severe pain in the area of the affected ureter, because the stone injures the inner surface of the ureter and reflexively causes its spasm, which only exacerbates the pain.
When the kidneys are sore, in no case should one ignore these symptoms. Otherwise, a significant progression of the disease and the development of serious complications can be allowed.
If you wondered how to treat kidney pain, then try not to rush. It is not pain that needs to be treated, but the disease itself that caused it. Depending on the pathological process that caused the pain in the kidneys, treatment tactics will be determined.
To accurately determine the disease that caused the pain syndrome, it is necessary to undergo a full examination. To do this, you need to pass a general urine test and undergo an ultrasound diagnosis of the organs of the retroperitoneal space, i.e.
kidneys and ureters.
Before treating kidney diseases with folk remedies, you must consult your doctor and get his approval for the technique you like.
When the kidneys are sore due to the inflammatory process, it will be necessary to use medication with antibiotic therapy, if the pain is caused by urolithiasis, then you can use a variety of traditional medicine recipes. Decoctions and infusions from the foliage of birch, mint, lingonberry have proven themselves well.
The broth is prepared at the rate of 2 tablespoons of dried leaves per 1.5 liters of boiling water. After pouring the leaves with boiling water, the broth is infused for 3-4 hours, after which it is ready for use.
To treat urolithiasis and relieve pain, you can also use decoctions of wheatgrass rhizomes, an oak bark preparation.
Most decoctions of plant substances can well fight pain and make it possible to relieve pain in a short time.
Decoctions also have anti-inflammatory activity, which in turn reduces the swelling of the renal parenchyma and helps to eliminate pain.
Herbal diuretic teas should be taken only on the advice of a doctor
An attack of renal colic most often begins with acute unbearable pain in the lumbar region, however, in some cases, renal colic may be preceded by increasing discomfort in this area. Renal colic develops with urolithiasis, and even a small physical exertion in the form of walking or running can provoke an attack.
A characteristic sign of renal colic is pain descending from the upper parts of the lower back, which corresponds to the movement of the urate stone in the ureter. Urate stone can completely close the lumen of the ureter, thereby causing severe pain.
First aid for developing renal colic is the use of antispasmodic drugs, which well help to anesthetize the affected person. The first step is to get rid of muscle spasm, for this you can use antispasmodics and decoctions from herbal preparations.
Together with a decoction and antispasmodic drugs, it is necessary to take painkillers.In addition to drug therapy, it is necessary to apply a heating pad with a warm or even hot solution to the lumbar region. Peace, warmth in place of pain and antispasmodics will help solve the problem of pain.
Only an integrated approach can help in the fight against renal colic.
It looks like kidney stones that cause kidney colic
Treatment with folk remedies
Folk remedies in the treatment of pain. Treatment at home is no different from treatment in stationary conditions, if you follow all the instructions of the attending physician and his recommendations. In addition, at home, you can apply additional measures to treat kidney disease.
With a wide variety of diseases of the urinary system, decoctions, infusions and tinctures help. It is much easier at home than in the hospital to prepare lotions that can be applied to the lumbar region in the projection of the kidneys.
Treatment at home contributes to the speedy removal of pain and recovery.
Over several generations of traditional medicine, many effective recipes have been developed for the treatment of urolithiasis. Decoction of Ivan tea gently affects the renal system.
Exposure to the renin-angiotensin system resolves pain, stimulates moderate drainage of the urinary tract. There are a number of variations in taking a decoction of Ivan-tea herb.
Usually a little finely chopped young grass sprouts are bred in warm water from yesterday. On an empty stomach they drink 100 milliliters of infusion. The course lasts for 2 weeks.
In the practice of traditional healers, renal collection is used - the most proven folk remedy. It consists of sprouts lovage, St. John's wort, tricolor violet, bearberry, casting wild strawberries, a series of sages. This collection is actively indicated during pregnancy complicated by urolithiasis.
Gynecologists are allowed to take even in the second trimester of pregnancy. In the second trimester, most loop diuretics are contraindicated in women. In this case, renal fees have a reduced hypotensive effect. In everyday practice, patients can not so carefully monitor the level of blood pressure.
The main effect that comes to the fore is the expulsion of urates from the urinary tract.
The diuretic action is based on the beneficial biological properties of herbs. As a result, chlorides, uric acid and a large amount of urea are evacuated from the body.
Experts recommend taking the drug into the daily diet when taking into account the mild effect of renal collection with extreme caution. Do not abuse and drink in large volumes this fee. It is worth consulting with your doctor and get acquainted with contraindications.
Most herbs can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Diuretic effects are characteristic of sprouts of a string, dill, burdock, hernia, birch. To achieve the greatest effect in advanced cases, grass of a shepherd's bag is added to the main collection. In order to prepare the collection, brew 1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water.
After that, pour boiling water and insist 6 hours. The patient takes every 7-8 hours. In inflammatory processes that complicate the course of the main pathology, a decoction of a bear's ear is made. Such a decoction perfectly helps the kidney to cope with inflammation.
Usually they make tea with this herb and drink it after eating. The course is 21 days.
However, do not forget that any collection will not be able to replace full-fledged therapy in a specialized department, where specialists select a balanced optimal dosage of drugs aimed at achieving recovery. You should not treat yourself, but it is better to spend a small amount of time and consult a doctor.
Distinctive features of kidney pain
How and by what signs can it be determined that the kidneys are concerned, and not other organs?
The symptoms presented below indicate a particular kidney pathology, which necessarily requires treatment:
- With inflammation of the kidneys, patients feel discomfort in the lower back and on top of it. Pain in this area is combined with frequent urination. It does not bring relief and is accompanied by a burning sensation. In addition to these symptoms, patients have a fever.
- The process of urination can cause acute unbearable pain. This symptom is characteristic of urolithiasis.
- When discomfort occurs in the kidney area in the morning, this indicates that the kidneys are inflamed. Subcooling could cause a pathological process.
- Renal colic, fixed left or right, after certain manipulations manifest themselves more strongly. This symptom is called Pasternatsky’s symptom, when the doctor taps a little at the location of the pain.
- The pains that are felt by the patient in both the right side and the left appear when the kidney goes down.
- In men, kidney pathology is indicated by increased pain in their area when lifting weights, after intense physical exertion.
- Severe pain in the kidneys after being in the cold indicates the development of a pathological process in them, which, under the influence of low temperatures, only worsens.
- The following symptom is able to alert the patient: the skin loses its natural pink tint and sharply turns gray. Such changes are an occasion to consult a doctor and undergo a screening for the presence of kidney ailments.
What diseases cause kidney pain? Their symptoms and signs
Kidney pain is not only acute. What else is she meeting? There are pain:
The pain can be different in duration. So, she is able to disturb the patient continuously or at times. By severity pain: mild, moderate intensity and severe.
The symptoms of urolithiasis include:
Pyelonephritis characterized by this set of symptoms:
- There is pain that is both aching and dull.
- Temperature indicators are increasing.
- Urine is excreted. Her color becomes cloudy.
- There is a urge to vomit.
- Loss of appetite.
- Difficult urination, which is constantly accompanied by pain.
- Edematous phenomena.
Symptoms that are observed in patients with glomerulonephritis :
- Renal pain, disturbing a person for periods.
- The amount of urine released is regularly reduced. It contains elements of blood. It loses transparency, becoming turbid.
- Blood pressure rises.
- Lack of appetite.
- Pain in the temporal and frontal areas.
- Cut in the heart.
Hydronephrosis for many symptoms similar to glomerulonephritis. However, they are supplemented by symptoms such as a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, numbness, chills.
Welcome to the channel NoGastrit.
We like and subscribe to the channel. New materials are published daily!
This and other materials can be found on the website.NetGastritu.com
Can kidneys hurt without fever? Renal failure is not accompanied by an increase in body temperature, but its symptoms relate to such moments:
- Urine production is undergoing changes. Urine is either excreted in small quantities or not excreted at all.
- There are problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The patient suffers from diarrhea, bloating.
If the kidney is pulled from the left side especially towards the evening, then there is a possibility of its omission.
The omission can be triggered by mechanical damage or the presence of stone in the organ.
Right kidney aches: what does it mean? If at the same time this symptom a person suffers from unexplained fatigue, then one can assume a cancerous lesion of the kidney. The kidneys “ache” with a hernia.
Where can kidney pain come from? The painful "cross" is directed to nearby organs: the liver, stomach or spleen.
When one of the kidneys hurts, the cause of the pathological condition can be the accumulation of excess fluid in the paired organ. Swelling is characteristic of chronic renal failure and nephritis. Withdrawing excess water will allow a single dose of a diuretic. It is best to use one of these tools:
It is possible to use drugs with diuretic activity only if there is a small amount of sand or stones in the kidneys. If a large stone is found during diagnosis, then at the beginning of therapy, it is dissolved or crushed.
Kidney pain suddenly overtook: what to do?
If the treatment strategy for chronic pain in the kidneys is determined by the therapist or nephrologist. What should a person do if attacks of pain in the kidneys occur unexpectedly and for the first time? Knowing the rules of first aid in this situation will help to avoid panic and unnecessary complications for the patient. The algorithm for acute attacks of pain in the kidneys is as follows:
- Call an ambulance service. It is also necessary to consult a doctor for those who first encountered kidney pain, as well as for people who have chronic kidney diseases.
- Take a lying position. For these purposes, a flat surface without humps and depressions is suitable. In this position, you must try to bring your breathing back to normal. Excessive body movements should be avoided.
- It is allowed to put a warm heating pad, a woolen shawl on the area of the kidneys where pain is felt. However, with warming measures you need to be careful. After all, heat can only do harm if the cause of pain in the kidneys is an inflammatory process. Therefore, the heat that is superimposed on the sore spot should be a couple of degrees more than the human body temperature.
- If the pain does not subside or increase, it is recommended to take antispasmodics. It is imperative that you inform the ambulance team that you have received the medication.
Kidney pain treatment at home. All important points: drugs, diet
Kidney diseases that have a mild to moderate severity are treated at home. Severe clinical cases are treated and treated only in a hospital setting.
Each kidney disease that provoked pain requires an individual treatment regimen:
- So with kidney pain caused by stones, taking drugs that can reduce pain and neutralize the infection is required. Means that dissolve mineralized deposits are also able to alleviate the pain of the patient. Among antispasmodics and painkillers, attention should be paid to Spazmolgon, Papaverin, Veralgan, No-shpu. Medications such as Cystenal and Cyston act on stones.
- Ways to eliminate the aching and sharp pains present with glomerulonephritis - drink anti-inflammatory drugs (Prednisolone, Voltaren), take antibiotics (Erythromycin), hypotonic drugs (Reserpine, Diazoxide).
For edema, it is recommended to drink "Furosemide."
Diet - for pain in the kidneys, is as important as the use of drugs . The patient must adhere to such rules in the diet to reduce unpleasant symptoms:
- Minimize protein and salt intake.
- Refuse pickles, offal, smoked meats.
- Avoid chocolate, cheese, mushrooms.
- Include greens, vegetable soups in the diet.
Can folk remedies help with kidney pain?
Folk remedies - almost a lifesaver, if one of the kidneys gets sick or both at once. Using decoctions and infusions from herbal preparations, you can eliminate the infection from the kidneys. They also have a diuretic effect.
- The collection, based on calendula, chamomile, caraway seeds, field horsetail, allows the patient to get rid of a pulling and sharp pain in the kidneys.
- Helps cleanse the body of toxins and reduce the burning of the right kidney.
- What plants contribute to the elimination of kidney stones? Lingonberries, bearberry and horsetail not only “crack down” with stones, but also restore the kidneys.
- To remove small colic in the area of the kidneys, you can use the grass of a cat's mustache, bearberry and lingonberry.
Folk remedies cannot cure kidney ailments , follow the directions of traditional medicine.
What can not be done in any case if the kidneys are sick? This is to self-medicate and neglect the symptoms that have appeared.If the kidneys "crush", cause discomfort, you should immediately consult a doctor.
We like and subscribe to the channel. Thanks for attention!
The cause of pain in the kidneys must be clarified necessarily and this comprehensive study is possible only on an outpatient basis. Most often, the following events are carried out:
- Examination with palpation and percussion, analysis of anamnestic information from the patient.
- Ultrasound of the abdomen with kidneys.
- General and biochemical analysis of blood.
- Back sowing and general analysis of urine.
- X-ray of the vertebral part.
- Urography of the kidneys.
A treating nephrologist can be recommended for the relief of pain from plant uroseptics.
They contain a selection of medicinal herbs that have a multifaceted effect on the human body - anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiseptic. You can improve the condition of renal structures with the help of such drugs:
- Phytolysin. The drug for dissolution in water is available in the form of a thick paste with a specific smell due to the content of various essential oils and herbal extracts. If the right or left kidney hurts, then the phytochemical is prescribed to remove toxins from it and relieve swelling,
- Kanefron. Pharmacies sell tablets or drops for internal use, which are convenient for use in the treatment of children and adults. Herbal medicine has an antiseptic, diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect,
- Cyston. The composition of uroseptic includes more than ten medicinal herbs. Most often, nephrologists recommend taking the drug to patients if the kidneys hurt as a result of their slagging with mineral compounds.
It helps to eliminate the uncomfortable sensations of Urolesan drops with essential oils and medicinal plants. Recently, manufacturers have also released herbal remedies in capsules that are convenient for use.
It is very important before starting to treat kidneys at home, to undergo a full examination under the supervision of a specialist. A comprehensive approach to the treatment of diseases is needed using both drugs and physiotherapy - UHF, electrophoresis. Diagnosis of any renal pathology will immediately begin treatment, significantly speed up recovery and avoid irreversible complications.
Often a person does not know where the paired organ is located, until there is pain in the lower back and quick fatigue, and general weakness, join it. In this case, you should urgently seek help from a doctor.
The main symptoms of kidney disease are:
- pain in the lumbar region
- decrease in daily urine volume,
- discoloration of urine
- pain during urination,
- frequent urge
- temperature rise,
- vision problems
- the appearance of various edema.
If the kidney hurts, what to do at home? First you need to determine which of the diseases can cause pain.
Clear signs of kidney disease
It is possible to independently determine kidney diseases by characteristic signs:
- Frequent trips to the toilet when urine is excreted in small portions.
- Difficult and rather rare urination.
- Reducing the volume of urine and changing its color.
- The presence of various impurities in urine, such as blood or pus.
- The appearance of edema on the face or in the lower extremities.
The most active kidney disease develops against the background of infectious diseases, especially if they are not treated on time. Among the concomitant factors, trauma to the lower back and hypothermia should be highlighted.
Plenty of water
Drinking plenty of fluids helps lower urine concentrations and prevents the formation of cameos. In addition, with sufficiently strong diuresis, small stones (
In patients with pyelonephritis or cystitis, a large volume of water contributes to the "leaching" of the pathogen or pus from the kidney, provided that there is no organ obstruction.
Plant diuretics and uroseptics
|Dandelion tea||Acts as a diuretic, stimulates blood circulation in the kidneys|
|Celery Seeds||Helps to remove metabolic waste, has antifungal activity|
|Corn silk||Reduces pain during urination, helps eliminate infection|
|Parsley||A proven diuretic, can be used not only as tea, but also used locally. From the pulp of parsley I make compresses on the sore spot|
|Cabbage leaves||It is believed that they remove toxins from the body and relieve inflammation. For this purpose, you can make a compress of cabbage leaves in the kidney area.|
|Plantain||Usually considered a weed, but has a good antibacterial property and a mild diuretic effect.|
|blooming Sally||Like mint, it helps to relax muscles and has antiseptic properties. As a natural anti-inflammatory agent, it relieves kidney pain and spasm.|
|Stinging nettle||Sometimes kidney pain can progress to joint pain. Nettle is not only a diuretic, but also an anti-inflammatory herb.|
If kidney pain is caused by the presence of sand, small stones are not at the stage of their active movement, then you can drink herbal preparations Urolesan, Kanefron, Phytolysin, Cyston. They contain extracts of active components from plants that have light diuretic, antispasmodic, antiseptic effects, in addition, contribute to the dissolution of stones.
Herbal remedies have diuretic, antispasmodic and litholytic actions.
Due to the multicomponent composition, these drugs also have some antibacterial and antiseptic effects. So, they can be used for uncomplicated pyelonephritis (see symptoms, when to see a doctor).
From improvised means, you can reduce kidney pain by eating cranberry or blackcurrant fruit drinks. They have antiseptic properties, reducing inflammation in the kidneys, and also create favorable conditions for the dissolution of stones.
Pain in the right kidney
It is important that your cure is supervised by a doctor. If you are sure that this is due to renal colic, then you need to take a hot bath in a sitting position. To eliminate spasm, take an anesthetic, antispasmodic drug (No-shpa, Spazmalgon). If you have not repeated the first attack, put a heating pad on the lower back and drink Baralgin. Do not self-medicate in the future, but call an ambulance or a doctor.
If piercing pain occurs in the lumbar region, do not use heat. With renal colic, you need to take a hot bath while sitting (contraindications - fever, old age, heart disease). With such pain, you can do with mustard plasters on the lower back. The patient needs to ensure peace, not be nervous, nutrition should be dietary. After an accurate diagnosis by a doctor, consult about taking decoctions of rose hips, junipers, parsley, and flax seeds.
Aching pain in the kidneys
It is necessary to call a doctor and follow the following instructions:
- take anesthetic and antispasmodic drug (Ketanov, No-shpu, Spazmalgon, Ketorol),
- take popular advice (mix 50 g of lemon juice, olive oil, cognac and honey, put in a water bath until a homogeneous mass forms. Take on an empty stomach for four days every morning 50 g),
- if there are problems with the outflow of urine, hospitalization is required.
- salt deposits in the kidneys, kidney stone disease,
- adenoma, fibroma, cancer (malignant, benign tumors),
- organ prolapse, hydronephrosis.
With severe pain, it is recommended to take anesthetic medicine and consult a doctor.
To eliminate an unpleasant and annoying symptom, pulling pain in the kidneys, causing a lot of discomfort, you need to drink an anesthetic: Ketanov, No-shpu, Ketorol. When pulling sensations appear, it is important to consult a doctor immediately. It is not possible to make a diagnosis on their own, therefore, treatment will not work out either. However, you can maintain your condition with a diet, drinking regimen, herbal teas.
Such pain is relieved by narcotic drugs or potent analgesics. The first help can be taken on time, a warm bath with a cup of tea (you can replace a decoction of herbs). During the treatment period, it is also necessary to perform this procedure. In the afternoon (from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.), it is recommended to perform exercises: stand on your toes and lower back on your heels, repeat 30 times, then take a break for 5-10 minutes and do the exercise again.
After that, you can proceed to therapy with the help of a bath, drink hot tea, a rosehip broth will become even more useful: 2 tbsp. l crushed roots of the plant, pour 200 ml of boiling water, put on fire and boil for 15 minutes, let cool, drain. Drink 1 glass for 2 weeks 3 times a day.
In order to choose a treatment, it is necessary to undergo a full examination by a doctor for diagnosis. Of the drugs recommended: No-spa, Papaverine, Ketanof, Analgin, Baralgin. Perhaps an intoxication of the body has occurred, therefore, several tablets of activated charcoal (1 tablet per 10 kg of weight) will not harm. A cup of hot herbal tea will alleviate the unpleasant symptoms.
After physical exertion
The appearance of such pain can be prevented about the presence of diseases: nephroptosis, pyelonephritis, nephritis, urolithiasis and others. With these diseases, there is pain of a dull or sharp, pulling, cutting and aching nature. They appear during physical exertion due to stress on weak muscles and ligaments.
Soreness in the kidneys after cystitis suggests the wrong treatment for the disease. Many make the mistake of taking warm or hot baths with inflammation of the urethra. However, this is strictly prohibited. At that moment, when the body is immersed in warm liquid, you relax, the vessels expand, and in the meantime the infection moves to the kidneys. With these symptoms, consult a doctor, you will be prescribed a course of treatment with antibiotics and probiotics.
The lack of temperature does not mean that there is no cause for concern. An accurate diagnosis can only be made by a doctor. Perhaps the disease is completely unrelated to the kidneys, since most renal pathologies are accompanied by fever. Until the diagnosis is clarified, dry heat and plenty of water can help.
Why there is aching lower back pain
The causes of back pain will be varied. This includes various diseases of the spine, kidneys, pelvic organs, and nervous system.
The most common pathologies:
- Urolithiasis - aggravated by renal colic, requires medical intervention.
- Pyelonephritis is an infectious inflammation of the renal pelvis. The nature of the pain is dull, aching.
- Glomerulonephritis - begins after a sore throat, tonsillitis. Accompanied by temperature, edema.
- Cyst - has no symptoms for a long time, manifests itself as lumbar colic, chronic fatigue.
- Radiculitis - damage to the roots of the spinal cord. It is characterized by numbness, burning, tingling.
- Displacement of the vertebral discs is possible after heavy physical exertion.
Symptoms and causes of diseases
The causes of kidney pain include:
- Sudden weight loss.
- Unhealthy diet.
- Reduced immunity.
- Constant drinking bad water.
- Not completely cured inflammation in the body.
- Sometimes kidneys hurt after antibiotics.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Congenital diseases and pathologies of the kidneys.
- Hypothermia and congealed lumbar.
In medicine, kidney diseases comprise 3 groups:
- Jade or inflammatory diseases.
- The formation of calculi, in other words stones.
- Hypertension and thromboembolism, that is, a violation of the blood supply.
There is a fourth group of the disease - a cyst and lowered kidneys. Such diseases are often congenital, so it is not possible to attribute them to one of the 3 groups.
If the pain is combined with fever, then you need to go to the hospital.
The combination of symptoms can be a sign of acute pyelonephritis, cancer, kidney stones, nephroptosis, glomerulonephritis.
It is necessary to undergo a full examination and pass the necessary tests so that the doctor can establish an accurate diagnosis and course of the disease.
In order to take at least some measures to alleviate pain and eliminate temperature, you yourself need to wrap the lumbar region with a warm blanket or wool shawl.
At the same time, you need to drink a lot of non-cold clean water to increase the output of unnecessary substances from the body.
Drug treatment can be prescribed by the attending physician after studying the tests. It is dangerous to self-medicate, kidney treatment is a long course of complex treatment, lasting about a month.
If the pathology is not detected on time, then complications and a severe course of the disease are possible. Conservative treatment may be ineffective and surgical intervention is needed.
In case of suppuration in the kidneys, an emergency operation is performed so that infection of other organs does not occur. During surgery, the surgeon performs drainage of the renal pelvis, dissects necrotic foci.
The operation is indicated for the formation of cysts or in case of kidney cancer in women. After the operation, the patient is prescribed a diet and a vitamin complex, which will help to get in shape faster and restore health.
It is recommended to take diuretics so that urine does not stagnate in the bladder, does not interfere with healing, and stagnant processes do not provoke a relapse. Important in the process of rehabilitation is a diet that excludes salt, fried and spicy foods.
The patient needs to take drugs that contain calcium. With the appointment of a doctor, it is allowed to take decoctions and infusions based on medicinal herbs.
Effective Problem Response Techniques
If the kidneys in men are very painful, then the doctor may prescribe antispasmodic drugs that relax the muscles and soothe the pain, for example, “Papaverine”, “Spazmoverin” or “No-shpa”, “Ketonov”, “Veralgan”, “Metamizole” and many other drugs.
While taking antibiotics, if an urolithic or other disease is detected, the doctor still prescribes a drug that protects the intestinal microflora, to prevent dysbiosis.
To reduce the load caused by the latest drugs that have a strong effect on the liver, stomach, kidneys, experts prescribe antifungal drugs and a diet containing fewer dairy products. Salty, smoked and spicy foods cannot be added to daily nutrition.
If kidney stones are found, then for this, too, conservative treatment should be undertaken.They take medicine that helps to crush and remove stones - Urolesan, Phytolite, Phytolysin - these are high-quality preparations containing plant extracts, with urolithiasis they give a 100% result.
But if treatment with different drugs does not help, then surgical intervention is required.
The operation is performed if kidney prolapse, cancer, a benign tumor, rupture of the kidney tissue, sometimes with urolithiasis, are detected in order to remove undissolved stones - oxolites.
The clinic of the disease (chills, temperature above 39 ° C, general malaise) causes the presence of the causative agent of kidney infection. Constant aching pain is caused by inflammation of the kidney, acute pain occurs with the development of vesicoureteral reflux.
Treatment is with antibiotics. For successful therapy with a minimum of side effects, it is important to determine the pathogen and its sensitivity to drugs. To date, antibiotics of the macrolide group, fluoroquinolones, cephalosporins are prescribed.
Important! Independently taking antibiotics or uroseptics such as Nitroxoline, Nalidixic acid, Furazolidone is fraught with the development of microbial resistance and the chronic course of the disease. In addition, the cause of the disease can be not only bacteria, but also viruses, fungi, which antibiotics do not act on.
Always take the full course of your prescribed antibiotics, even if you feel better and your symptoms go away.
Also, to alleviate the condition, you can take Paracetamol, but only after a doctor's examination, because the drug reduces the temperature. This will “smear” the picture of the disease, and it will be more difficult for the doctor to make the correct diagnosis.
What to take and how to treat kidney pain?
Kidney pain can be caused by various diseases of the urinary system.
The cause of the symptom can be urolithiasis, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, nephroptosis, renal failure, hydronephrosis, benign and malignant tumor or cystic neoplasms.
In men, diseases of the urinary system are less common than in women due to the physiological characteristics of the structure of internal organs.
If there is discomfort and a feeling of pain in the lumbar, you need to consult a urologist-nephrologist, who will prescribe the necessary diagnosis and treatment based on the results. Most kidney diseases are treated on an outpatient basis. So, what to do at home with kidney pain.
Kidneys hurt symptoms than treat folk remedies
A frequent picture is when, at a doctor’s appointment, it turns out that the patient has kidneys that hurt, symptoms and how to treat them using folk remedies, he does not know. Even worse, some are trying to do a back massage, which exacerbates the condition with renal colic.
It's important to know
With any discomfort in the lumbar region, with pain in the kidneys, this condition should not be tolerated. If you do not treat them, this leads to serious consequences, ranging from chronic diseases to fatal renal failure.
What drugs should be taken can only be decided by a urologist, nephrologist or therapist, since each drug has contraindications and can cause irreparable harm to health.
Health must be protected: do not overcool, do not eat harmful foods, drink more fluids and do not lift weights.
How and how to treat kidney pain
Kidney pain does not occur without a cause and does not disappear without proper treatment. Uncomfortable sensations appear as a result of the developed inflammatory process, an excess of the ureters, a violation of the outflow of urine. Only a nephrologist can correctly diagnose the disease after a series of laboratory and instrumental studies.
He decides what to do when the kidneys are sore, how to treat paired organs and how long the therapy will last. It all depends on the degree of damage to structural units, general health, the presence of pathologies in history. In the treatment of renal pain, pharmacological preparations, physiotherapy are used, and if necessary, the patient will undergo a surgical operation.
Kidneys hurt - symptoms of pathologies and treatment methods at home
If the kidneys hurt, only the doctor determines the symptoms and treatment at home.
The first signs of the disease are clouded urine, the occurrence of pain during urination, pain in the lumbar region.
The patient may appear swelling, a feeling of nausea and weakness, the general condition of the body worsens. Symptoms can be caused by various pathologies, therefore, when they occur, it is urgent to consult a nephrologist.
Pathologies of the kidneys and principles of their treatment
If the kidneys hurt, what to do at home, you can not decide for yourself. Before taking any action, it is necessary to find out the cause and type of the disease, depending on which an effective first aid for kidney pain can be provided. Different problems become the cause of the discomfort:
- Urolithiasis, or nephrolithiasis, is a disease in which sand and stones appear in the organs. The reason is malnutrition, leading to metabolic disorders, a sedentary lifestyle. The disease is associated with severe pain during the removal of stones. In a neglected state, it leads to impaired urine outflow and can cause the development of renal failure. Treatment often requires surgery.
- Pyelonephritis is considered one of the most common inflammatory diseases. Due to the anatomical features, it occurs more often in women than in men. Inflammatory diseases can bother a person for years, causing jumps in blood pressure, sweating, lower back pain. For effective treatment, mandatory compliance with the drinking regime and a strict diet is required.
- Nephroptosis is a disease called the moving or lowered kidney syndrome. The disease is associated with abnormal organ mobility, as a result of which the kidney can twist around its axis, which leads to impaired blood circulation in the organ. Women are more likely to suffer from the disease due to diets and physical labor, leading to depletion of the body. Also, as a result of circulatory disorders, pathologies called nephrosclerosis, renal artery thrombosis, occur.
- Renal failure is a dangerous disease in which the kidneys partially or completely lose their ability to perform their functions. Toxins accumulate in the body, which leads to metabolic disorders and the development of pathologies. The disease can be congenital, resulting from genetic disorders. Often develops against the background of advanced pyelonephritis, injuries, excessive intake of drugs.
Renal pathology treatment
Treatment of inflammatory pathologies
Kidney treatment at home will speed up the patient’s recovery, but in no case should there be an alternative to contacting a doctor.
In order to cure the kidneys, it is necessary to use an integrated approach, including both drug therapy and alternative methods of treatment.
The goal is to remove the symptoms of the disease, eliminate the root causes to prevent the recurrence of the disease.
For diseases of an inflammatory nature, it is important to follow a diet with limited salt intake. The caloric content of food should not exceed 2400 kcal per day. With the appearance of edema daily, you can drink no more than 1 liter of fluid.
Thinking how to relieve pain in the kidneys, it is worth paying attention to alternative methods that are considered quite effective. With inflammation, various decoctions are used to remove toxins from the body, as well as provide a gradual dissolution of stones and calculi. Pour 1 liter of boiling water 2 tbsp. rosehip roots, boil for 15 minutes and drink half a glass daily.
A strong diuretic effect in the treatment of kidneys at home in both men and women is exerted by parsley seeds, which insist in a thermos at the rate of 0.5 l of boiled water per 1 tbsp. parsley. To prepare a decoction, you can use both seeds and roots. Use tincture 2 times a day for 0.5 cups.
Treatment of inflammatory pathologies
Alternative methods of treatment against urolithiasis
You can relieve kidney pain with urolithiasis by folk remedies. It is worthwhile to independently remove stones with herbal preparations only with a stone size of up to 5 mm. Herbal treatment is effective and efficient. Under the influence of herbs, the stones dissolve and, together with the sand, are removed from the urinary tract.
In case of urolithiasis, herbs such as knotweed, chamomile, yarrow, birch buds, and horsetail are used. For the manufacture of herbal infusions suitable inflorescences, roots and stems of plants.
Herbal treatment should be carried out systematically, and a lasting effect can be achieved over a period of 2 weeks to 2 months.
With urolithiasis, heat exposure is allowed in the form of using heating pads or heating in a bath, but only in case of a chronic disease at the stage of remission.
Folk recipes against urolithiasis
Treatment of impaired renal circulation
It is quite difficult to cure the kidneys at home with circulatory disorders. First of all, a drug effect is required, and herbs and other folk remedies can have only a small supporting effect.
To reduce blood clotting with thrombosis, you can use infusions of wormwood, nettle, linden, aloe, and sweet clover. To relax the smooth muscles of the vessels, motherwort, valerian root, lemon balm, mint, chamomile, and hawthorn fruits are used. To achieve the effect, it is necessary to take decoctions 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day for 6 months.
Description of essential drugs
Treatment of kidneys with folk remedies at home is carried out in conjunction with drug therapy. To determine how to treat your kidneys, you should consult your doctor.
For kidney diseases, antibiotics, diuretics, calcium, antiallergenic drugs, immunomodulators are prescribed. Antibiotics are necessary if the cause of the disease is bacteria.
Herbal preparations are often prescribed, which include Nefroleptin, Cyston, Kanefron N. Nephroleptin has anti-inflammatory, diuretic and antiseptic effects.
Cyston and Kanefron N enhance the action of antibiotics, have a diuretic effect.
Diclofenac is often used to eliminate inflammation and relieve pain. The drug blocks the receptors of the cyclooxygenase enzyme in the mucous tissues of the urinary tract, helping to eliminate foci of inflammation.
Preparations for the treatment of renal pathologies
In pharmacies, you can purchase special medication fees to relieve kidney inflammation. Such collections include corn stigmas, birch buds, chamomile and linden flowers, licorice root, dogrose, and juniper. Herbs are used in combination with the main treatment to enhance the effect.
What to do if kidneys hurt - medication and alternative treatment
Share on VKontakte Share on Odnoklassniki Share on Facebook
Chronic and acute pathological processes in the organs of the urinary system disrupt the outflow of fluid, cause severe discomfort.When the kidneys hurt, you can not tolerate or self-medicate. The danger of this condition is complications. The inflammatory process can provoke ureteral deformity, renal failure and even a purulent abscess.
How to identify kidney pain
Discomfort in the lumbar region may indicate different pathologies of the internal organs.
According to statistics, in 90% of cases, problems with the spine or spinal muscles are detected. With pulling back pain, only 6% of patients are diagnosed with kidney disease
. Discomfort appears due to weight lifting, an uncomfortable posture or a sudden movement. Characteristics of pain in renal pathologies:
- Soreness is one-sided: to the left or right of the spine.
- It radiates along the ureter, into the external genitalia, groin, lateral surface of the abdomen, on the inner surface of the thighs.
Kidney disease is often manifested by discomfort in the lower back and upset urination. The pains have a different nature: pulling, cutting, aching. They may be present continuously or aggravate during urination. What are the different types of pain:
- Occurs during urination - blockage of the urinary tract with stone.
- Dull, pulling pain, drowsiness, skin rashes are inflammatory processes in the body.
- Pressive pain syndrome, accompanied by dizziness, nausea, dark urine - pyelonephritis, nephropathy.
- Acute pains radiating to the lower back, blood discharge during urination - hydronephrosis, nephroptosis.
- Aching pain, swelling, impaired urination - renal failure.
What to do with kidney pain
It is necessary to provide the person with rest, lay on the bed. Subsequent actions for pain in the kidneys depend on the cause of their appearance.
In an acute attack, you must urgently consult a doctor: a urologist or a nephrologist.
If the pain is not severe, then you can provide first aid at home (Analgin tablet, warm drink), and then make an appointment with the doctor. The following methods are used to diagnose diseases:
- History taking. The doctor finds out the location and nature of the pain, the duration of the attacks and other symptoms.
- Inspection Percussion and palpation is performed. The doctor feels, taps the stomach, back, lower back of the patient.
- Urinalysis The patient is sent for general, biochemical, bacteriological analysis according to Nechiporenko.
- Blood test. To establish the general condition of the body and determine the performance of the kidneys, a general and biochemical analysis is performed.
- Ultrasound of the kidneys. According to the results of an ultrasound examination, the doctor studies the condition and structure of the kidneys, their size, structure and the presence of cysts, stones, and tumors.
Drugs to eliminate kidney pain
A common mistake in kidney diseases is the independent selection of medicines or on the advice of friends. It is important to remember that those drugs that are suitable for one person may be contraindicated in another. All medicines are prescribed by a doctor. They must be taken strictly at the indicated dosage. Groups of drugs that are prescribed for renal diseases:
|Pharmacological group||Indications for use||Drug Names|
|Broad-spectrum antibiotics||Joining an infection. Eliminate Escherichia coli, enterococci and other bacteria that cause inflammation.||Ciprofloxacin, Verapamil, Norfloxacin.|
|For dissolving and removing sand||Urolithiasis disease. Dissolve urates, reduce the concentration of uric acid, facilitate the natural removal of kidney stones.||Blemaren, Urodan, Allopurinol.|
|Combined herbal remedies||Herbal preparations that have antispasmodic, diuretic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory effects. It is prescribed for urolithiasis, urinary tract infections.||Cyston, Kanefron D, Urolesan.|
Diet for kidney pain
Diet during treatment requires adjustment. The basic rules of the diet:
- Reduce salt intake (not more than 5 g / day).
- Reduce the amount of protein foods.
- Eat fractionally in small portions (up to 6 times / day).
- The culinary processing of products is gentle (steam, stewed, boiled, baked in foil).
As part of the diet there is an expanded selection of products. A varied menu can be prepared from them. List of main allowed products:
- wheat flour bread with bran,
- first courses in vegetable broth with the addition of cereals or pasta,
- milk soups
- lean fish
- lean meat and poultry not more than 2 times a week,
- eggs - no more than 2 pieces per day,
- fruits, vegetables and greens - any
- dried fruits - prunes, dried apricots, raisins.
During the treatment of kidney diseases, fatty foods should be completely abandoned. It retains fluid in the body, which causes edema to form. Prohibited Products:
- fatty poultry and meat (lamb, pork, goose),
- bean products (lentils, beans, peas),
- fatty fish (salmon, carp),
- mushrooms of all varieties,
- pickles, pickles,
- concentrated broths
- refractory fats (pork, lamb),
- smoked meats
- hot spices, seasonings,
- black bread,
- chocolate, sweets,
- carbonated drinks.
The use of folk remedies
During the treatment of kidney diseases, herbalists recommend the use of herbs. Herbal medicine is not a complete substitute for medicines, so do not abuse it. It should be remembered that any treatment of kidneys with folk remedies at home can be used only with the permission of the attending physician.
The use of plants unsuitable for a certain diagnosis will only worsen the state of the organs of the urinary system. Proven traditional methods of treating kidneys:
- Baked Pumpkin. Suitable for daily use at 200-400 grams.
- Infusion of parsley seeds. It is necessary to pour 500 ml of boiling water 1 tbsp. l dried raw materials, then insist in a thermos for 1-2 hours. Strain the solution, after taking 120 ml 3 times a day for 10-14 days.
- Linseed oil. You need to drink daily for 1 tbsp. l for a month.
- Birch juice. Use daily 1/3 cup 2 times for two weeks.
- Chamomile tea. 200 ml of boiling water should be poured into 2 tsp. dry chamomile flowers, let it brew for 10 minutes. Use instead of regular tea 2-3 times a day.
When self-medication is dangerous
Do not complicate the work of doctors. Self-medication at home can provoke consequences that require surgical intervention or lead to death. Diseases manifested by pain in the kidneys, which require urgent medical attention:
- renal artery thrombosis,
- purulent pyelonephritis,
- urinary obstruction.
Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
Found a mistake in the text?
Select it, press Ctrl + Enter and we will fix it!
Found a mistake in the text?
Select it, press Ctrl + Enter and we will fix it!
What to do if kidneys hurt?
Kidney pain is the most common a symptom in diseases of this organ. A logical question arises: "The kidneys hurt: how to treat?". The tactics of treatment depend largely on the symptoms and type of the disease.
But before you start,put likes and subscribe to the channel. Thanks!
When specialist assistance is needed
After facilitating well-being, you must independently seek help from a specialist - a urologist or nephrologist or call an ambulance. The doctor will conduct the necessary diagnostics and prescribe how to relieve pain and eliminate the cause of discomfort.Treatment can be carried out at home or in a hospital.
You should immediately consult a specialist if the kidneys are sore and other symptoms develop:
- increase in body temperature to the level of 38-390С,
- increased urination,
- the occurrence of pain, burning, discomfort in the perineum, groin, lower abdomen during emptying,
- separation of urine in small portions,
- change in the smell and color of urine, precipitation, the appearance of pus, blood clots,
- swelling of the limbs
- decreased performance
- excessive sweating.
In case of kidney pain, symptomatic therapy and treatment are used to eliminate the root cause of the development of the pathological process. In the first case, the following groups of medications are prescribed:
- to reduce heat - antipyretic,
- to restore normal diuresis and relieve swelling - diuretics and uroseptics,
- for the relief of pain, antispasmodic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory non-steroidal agents,
- to suppress the pathogenic flora of viral etiology, antiviral drugs are prescribed, with the bacterial origin of the pathology, antibacterial drugs are prescribed,
- with disorders of the digestive tract - sorbents, antidiarrheal, antiemetic drugs.
In addition, when the kidneys are sore, the doctor prescribes a special diet, the action of which is aimed at unloading the kidneys. Recommendations regarding nutrition are based on the recommendations of treatment table No. 7 and its modifications a and b. Each type of nutrition is prescribed based on the cause of the pathological process in the kidneys, as the symptoms and treatment are closely related.
Treatment table No. 7 is recommended for acute and chronic inflammatory renal pathologies (pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis), as well as to reduce the severity of nephrotic syndrome. Diet involves limiting the intake of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, as well as the rejection of salt, not more than 3 g per day.
The treatment table number 7 is recommended for glomerulonephritis in the acute period of development, renal failure. It suggests a decrease in the consumption of animal products, which will help to reduce the daily amount of protein consumed, as well as limiting salt. The basis of the diet are products of plant origin.
With urolithiasis, the diet is prescribed based on the organic and chemical nature of calculi. Can be used treatment table No. 7 and its modifications, No. 6 and No. 14.
In addition to individual symptoms, there are complaints:
- Severe stitching pulling pain in the area of the kidneys in the back and side,
- Unpleasant feeling (pain, burning) before, after or during urination,
- Bulge and most in the kidney area,
- Urine color change (darkening),
- Redness of the skin in the kidneys,
- Frequent urination, or vice versa rare,
- Traces of blood, mucus, white flakes or sand in urine.
Each of the symptoms appears at no time.
There are renal pathologies that go away without symptoms at all, or only some individual signals appear.
Contrary to all the characteristic clinical indications, there are common signs of kidney disease - it is difficult to evaluate them as signals of nephrological pathologies, because such a condition may be similar to inflammation occurring inside the body (for example, SARS).
Here are the general indicators:
- Inhibited health, craving for sleep,
- Severe swelling,
- Skin rash,
- Trembling body
- Pale skin on the face
- Bad state of health,
- Poor motor activity
- Lack of appetite,
- Losing weight
- Nausea, sometimes vomiting,
- Vision changes.
To identify women, you need to consider all the specific signs and find out where it occurs.
People begin to worry about kidney health only after a pain symptom occurs. To prevent such an unpleasant situation, it is important to always monitor your own health. Be sure to follow the following recommendations from doctors.
- Do not take medicine without a doctor’s prescription.
- Do not overcool.
- Treat any ailments in a timely manner.
- Lead an active lifestyle.
- Carefully observe the rules of personal hygiene.
- Eat as little salt as possible.
If you always monitor your health, you can protect yourself from the development of dangerous pathologies. Preventive examination should be done at least 2 times a year. So doctors can detect the problem at an early stage, and quickly fix it.
Myotropic antispasmodics are pills for pain in the kidneys that affect the ion balance in the tissues of the body, which allows you to quickly cope with an unpleasant symptom. Anesthetics of this group have a vasodilating effect, which allows them to be taken for diseases of various etiologies.
- No-spa - first aid for kidney pain. It is prescribed for pathologies of various etiologies separately or as part of complex therapy. Available in the form of oral pills. The daily dosage in adults should not exceed 6 dosage units. In childhood, the use of No-shpa is allowed only after consulting a treating specialist. In this case, the dosage is calculated based on the weight of the small patient.
- Drotaverine is an analgesic for pain in the kidneys, which stimulates the flow of blood with oxygen, nutrients to the cells of the body, due to which there is a decrease in the feeling of discomfort. The daily dosage of the drug should not exceed 6 tablets. It is allowed to use the medication in children over 2 years old with a daily norm of not more than 1 unit of the dosage form.
- Papaverine is a cure for pain in the paired organs of the urinary system, with the same active component. It is prescribed for adults and children from 1 month of age due to its high effectiveness, the presence of a small number of contraindications, as well as a wide selection of dosage forms - it is available in the form of injections for intravenous and intramuscular administration, tablets, suppositories.
In the absence of effectiveness from myotropic antispasmodic drugs in patients, the question arises, how to relieve kidney pain? In this case, combined antispasmodic drugs come to the rescue, the action of which is aimed at relieving spasm of smooth muscles, suppressing inflammatory processes in the tissues of the body, and normalizing body temperature. Due to the multidirectional effect, combined drugs against pain in the kidneys.
- Spazmalgon is a combined action drug with an antiseptic effect. It is prescribed for pain relief in pathologies of various localization and etiology. A day you need to drink from 2 to 6 tablets, depending on the severity of the pain syndrome.
- Spazgan is an analgesic, antiflogistic, disinfectant, antispasmodic. It should be taken on the recommendation of a doctor who calculates the amount of active substance based on the patient’s body weight. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 6 tablets. Spazgan is allowed in younger patients.
- Baralgin - helps to cope with pain quickly, as it has an antispasmodic, analgesic, antiphlogistic, antipyretic effect. Available in the form of tablets for oral administration, injection solutions for intramuscular administration. Drink twice a day for 2 tablets. If necessary, the dosage of the drug is increased to 6 units of the dosage form for oral administration.In the form of injections, the dosage is calculated by a specialist based on the patient's body weight.
- Revalgin is a powerful antispasmodic, prescribed for aching pain in the lumbar region. The course of treatment is not more than 3 days. During the day, you should drink no more than 2 tablets. It is prescribed extremely rarely, when it is impossible to stop the pain syndrome with the help of other drugs. It has many contraindications and side effects, in connection with which it is not recommended for children and pregnant women.
Reasons and development mechanism
The kidneys do not have nerve endings, but the renal capsule in which the organs are enclosed is richly equipped with them. It is the nerve endings of the capsule that signal kidney problems. There are a variety of reasons that can cause kidney pain:
- the most common cause is an inflammatory process, pyelonephritis (inflammation of the calyx, parenchyma and pelvis), glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the glomeruli),
- omission of one of the paired organs (nephroptosis),
- respiratory diseases
- irradiation with angina pectoris,
- violation of the digestive system,
- multiple cysts in the kidneys
- traumatic damage to arteries or aorta,
- kidney stone, urolithiasis, cholelithiasis,
Physiological pain can occur in pregnant women due to excessive pressure on the organ, however, this does not exclude pathology. The kidneys begin to ache if you drink a large amount of fluid in a short period of time.
What else to treat kidney pain? Medications are prescribed based on the condition of the patient, his body weight, the causes of an unpleasant symptom. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that have analgesic, antiphlogistic, antipyretic effect will help cope with pain in pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis.
The advantage of this group of drugs is a small number of contraindications and side effects, their high efficiency will relieve discomfort in renal pathologies of inflammatory etiology. The action of the active components is aimed at suppressing the synthesis of biologically active substances, which lead to an increase in body temperature, the development of inflammation and pain.
- Nurofen is an analgesic with a pronounced antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect. The active substance ibuprofen begins to act 15 minutes after administration, the effectiveness lasts up to 6 hours. Available in the form of a suspension for children, tablets for oral administration, suppositories. Dosage and frequency of administration depends on the patient’s body weight.
- Diclofenac, Ketoprofen, Ketonal, Fastum, Nise, Ketorol - drugs with a pronounced antiphlogistic, antipyretic and analgesic effect. Assigned for the treatment of adults and children over 6 years. The advantage of these non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs is a quick action and high efficiency. After application, the active component reaches the site of inflammation and pain after 15 minutes, and its high concentration allows you to cope with renal colic.
Pain in the lumbar region may indicate the development of many kidney diseases. To make a diagnosis, you need to consult a nephrologist or urologist.
The doctor will also prescribe what medicines should be taken to eliminate the pain and its causes.
To reduce the severity of symptoms, painkillers are used: antispasmodics, analgesics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Kidneys hurt: what to do at home, how to restore and cure organs
If in the morning after a stormy party or a few mugs of beer consumed in the evening, my back started to hurt, then it’s worth check your kidneys. A similar condition indicates that the tissues of these organs have already been significantly damaged.You should not ignore the symptoms, as this can be a signal of some serious diseases in which the kidneys hurt. What to do at home? And will a specialist help?
The effect of alcohol on the condition of the kidneys
In the human body, kidneys regulate chemical homeostasis. Each of the organs (there are only two) is outside covered with a kind of cover made of connective tissue. The main element of the kidney is the parenchyma. She is responsible for the function of cleaning from harmful chemical compounds, in particular, from alcohol and other toxins. After drinking alcohol, the body begins to fight with poison, and the kidneys play an important role in this difficult job.
Ethanol cleavage products cause the gradual destruction of renal nephrons and parenchyma.
Alcoholic beverages, especially beer, are characterized by a strong diuretic effect because the filter organ is trying eliminate as soon as possible toxic substances.
But simultaneously with the toxins, the minerals and the minerals it needs to be washed out, severe dehydration occurs, often leading to intoxication. Because organs can hurt and pull.
Many alcoholics suffer from chronic lower back pain. This means that their body is no longer able to cope with poisoning. They have kidney pain after alcohol, and how to treat the organ, most of them are no longer interested.
Why do pains appear
Not everyone knows that there are no nerve endings in the kidneys. Painful sensations arise due to an increase in the size of the organ. After drinking alcohol, the lower back aches due to puffiness of the parenchyma due to intoxication of the whole organism.
Healthy organs and alcohol are completely incompatible concepts. After drinking drinks that contain alcohol, dangerous processes occur in the body (after alcohol, the back and other parts of the body may hurt).
People Filter Bodiesdrinking alcohol for a long time are almost inoperative, as toxins killed most of the nephrons.
If the organs always ache from beer or other alcoholic beverages, then this may mean that the body has the following pathologies:
- chronic kidney failure,
- urolithiasis disease,
- blockage of the arteries of the kidneys.
Most common symptoms
The main symptom of lower back pain after drinking alcohol is drinking the night before. Intoxication with alcohol suggests characteristic signs:
- severe swelling of the face,
- intense thirst
- urinary pain
- regular urination
- strong photosensitivity
- pain in the lumbar region,
- increase in body temperature.
According to the International Classification of Diseases (10th revision), chronic diseases are divided into categories depending on the manifestations, lesions, and the main nature of the course. Each has its own code for 10 mb - a total of 18 with separate sub-items for each ailment.
Some of them:
- 18. 0 - Means the thermal stage of organ damage.
- .1 - a slight decrease in glomerular filtration rate.
- .2 - average decrease in GFR.
- .3 - significant decrease.
- .4 - heavy.
- .5 - failure.
- .8 - manifestations of insufficiency, such as pericarditis or uremic neuropathy.
- .9 - unspecified failure.
Chronic kidney disease is a complex and dangerous phenomenon that requires constant effective treatment, regular examinations, and strict rules.
Treatment and first aid
If after a stormy evening the kidneys started to hurt, then this problem should be immediately addressed. Any disruption of the excretory system very dangerous for the body. The approach to treating the problem should be comprehensive.
To begin with, you need to get rid of intoxication with alcohol.First aid can be provided at home, if the patient's condition is moderate or mild. Therefore, many are interested in how to restore the kidneys after alcohol. Measures to restore (clean) the body of ethanol suggest:
- the use of adsorbents,
- electrolyte balance stabilization,
- complete rejection of alcohol,
- rejection of products that lead to fluid retention.
To eliminate the effects of ethanol on organs, you need to take adsorbing, symptomatic, hepatoprotective agents, as well as drugs that normalize the acid-base balance. In the pharmacy you can buy Hepatrin, Zorex, Polysorb or Regidron.
However, drug therapy is prescribed only by a medical specialist after diagnostic measures, because he knows for sure whether alcohol affects the kidneys. In addition, the doctor in this case gives the following recommendations to the patient:
- avoid alcohol in all doses and in any form, so that later you don’t think how to clean the organs,
- maintain a balanced diet,
- regularly consume vitamins (in the form of tablets, etc.),
- play sports or walk as much as possible,
- from time to time to take medicinal herbs (tinctures, decoctions, etc.), which will help cleanse the body.
Why lower back hurts in men
A back ache is more likely to affect men. The reasons are sports, excessive physical work, diseases of the genitourinary sphere.
Among the main pathologies observed in men:
- Protrusion of the intervertebral disc,
- Intervertebral hernia.
After the sudden appearance of pain in the lumbar region, men need to consult with their doctor, undergo the necessary clinical tests.